General Happy bunny

Currently reading:
General Happy bunny

PNL

Banned
Well the 5dr was due to go in for its mot on the 5th of Sept and thought I would phone up the dealer about getting it booked in ..sorry cant do it came the relpy our tester is on Hols at that time :eek: :bang: ..

Can you come in tomorrow [that's today] as we could do it for you and date the certificate for the 5th :chin: so in this morning I go and one hour later out I come with a new Pass certificate in my hand and no advisories either (y) someones going to be a lucky bunny if they buy her as now she is up for sale :cry: and only 37K on a 52 plate as well ..I got that sinking feeling in my stomach now and I know I am going to be sad to see her go :(

Just thought I would share the good and some bad news with all you guys on here :)

Deckchair5

Whaddya mean too old?
Good stuff Phil. These Stilos are as solid as a rock when it comes to MOT time. Can't remember anyone saying of a failure.... yet.

minimad99

Driver Extraordinaire
Mine went straight through it's second MOT last week with a pass...... they could only find one advisory, a slightly discoloured side repeater:yuck: honestly.
I'd expect nothing less as most of us on here care for our cars and conduct routine maintenence as you should.

toad101

just can't get enough
WHAT! who we going to pick on at welsh meets now
good that it passed but its going to be missed
have you tried selling it to steve as he's complaing his cars uncomfortable

wotnowarninglight

Me too! Mine passed 20th August (due 06th Sept) with 2 advisories - front pads low & front discs thin. Did the front pads & discs myself this weekend and then drove to Somerset Sunday to bed them in... :D

Sorry to hear your selling the Stilo Phil, tbh after reading DHaste's recent post in the Broken Springs Poll II thread not sure if it isn't time to move onto something slightly less flawed :(

Argonought

It's about GO! not SHOW!
...tbh after reading DHaste's recent post in the Broken Springs Poll II thread not sure if it isn't time to move onto something slightly less flawed :(
Don't most members just fit new springs and then forget about it. Even replacement springs are hardly likely to fail for 3 years (do we know for sure they will :chin: )

Stu DemonD

Super LOL!
Keep up, this is old news that Phil is getting rid of... :D

Well done on the MOT though (y)

Stu DemonD

Super LOL!
Maybe he is getting one of these :devil:

pic1110c.jpg

OP
OP
PNL

PNL

Banned
Maybe he is getting one of these :devil:

pic1110c.jpg

Well I already got the badge to go with it Stu so maybe one day :)

Just so you all know ..June is retiring early and we dont need the use of two cars so the obvious choice is to keep her's as its a new car with three years warranty and cheaper insurance ..shame it has 3 drs tho :D

Rich

Former FIAT Obsessive
For the record my yellow one failed it's 1st MOT.

Sorry about the Stilo phil, but at least you've still got one in the family!

dan-the-man

popping out
Ha! I knew you couldn't resist the 3-door for long, admit it you've given in to the looks :p

You gonna start Modding Junes Stilo now starting with an induction? or is she not letting you? :)

Argonought

It's about GO! not SHOW!
Ha! I knew you couldn't resist the 3-door for long, admit it you've given in to the looks :p

You gonna start Modding Junes Stilo now starting with an induction? or is she not letting you? :)
You trying to persuade Phil to dump the new 3 door and keep the old 5 door :confused:

I reckon he must be thinking about it :D

OP
OP
PNL

PNL

Banned
Bacause I have a degenerating spine I find the 3dr quite a bit lower and harder to get out of than my 5dr I also dont like the long heavy door on the 3dr and the designing of the hinges on the 3dr must be one of the few things fiat got right on it ..havnt seen anyone complain about sagging doors yet :p