General Handle dropped off!

Currently reading:
General Handle dropped off!

Sparklesmash

Hi guys

Help needed! The drivers door handle is made up of two parts and the part covering the keyhole has become loose then dropped off now where to be seen. Any idea how I can come across this part? Seems ridiculous to have happened the whole handle itself seems to shift to the left when opening. I’m in the UK...

The surround of the key hole cover on my 500X came off but I did not loose it. The dealership got a new cover in, it had to come from Italy. Was replaced under warranty, the only claim I made in 3 years. I never saw the new one before it was fitted to compare with the old one but assume a lug or clip must have broken off of it. When driving the car I used to remove it so as not to loose it but slipped it back on when parked so as to make the lock less liable to to being fiddled with. I believe the part is about £30.00

Hi guys

Help needed! The drivers door handle is made up of two parts and the part covering the keyhole has become loose then dropped off now where to be seen. Any idea how I can come across this part? Seems ridiculous to have happened the whole handle itself seems to shift to the left when opening. I’m in the UK...
Hi,

The same thing has happened to mine, a design fault I believe. Does anyone where to source the spare (for a 500x drivers side door) and whether it just clips into place or a more substantial fix is required?

Thanks

I assume it just clips into place. If I had to buy the piece I may have tried super gluing it back. I found with the cover off the handle did have a small sliding motion back and forth but with the cover in place it was locked in position.

Yes it is a design fault. The left hand side of it has two small plastic tabs smaller than the thickness of a match. These push into 2 holes and hold it in place.

Mine broke but luckily I had a spare as I had a replacement door.

My lock/unlock button doesn’t work either so it’s all got to come off again.

I have seen them on eBay.

This is a supplier fault across many of the FCA range - Its also a common problem on the 500, Lancia Delta 3, Tipo etc.......

This happened with the used 500X I bought a couple of years ago, fortunately within days of getting the car so it was sorted by the dealer.
The problem seemed to be caused by the front, pivoting, part of the handle having some fore-aft play, and when it slid backwards it could flick off the plastic lock cover when pulled to open the door.
Whatever the dealer did was a long term fix, as it gave no further trouble up to when I sold it early this year.

Just replaced my cap cover. It took 5 minutes. Thanks to everyone on the forum for 'how to' tips. Just saved myself £70 the dealer wanted to do it!

Back