General Hand brake drum lever supply

Currently reading:
General Hand brake drum lever supply

I am about to order a new set of rear brake shoes for my Cinq Sporting and i need the hand brake operating lever 'thing' as well (the arm that the hand brake cable pulls on). On the shop4parts web site the picture shows the lever and springs in place, but does anyone know if these parts come with the shoes? If the answer is 'it depends where you buy them' then i will have to assume they are not part of the set, so where can i get just the levers?

balidey said:
I am about to order a new set of rear brake shoes for my Cinq Sporting and i need the hand brake operating lever 'thing' as well (the arm that the hand brake cable pulls on). On the shop4parts web site the picture shows the lever and springs in place, but does anyone know if these parts come with the shoes? If the answer is 'it depends where you buy them' then i will have to assume they are not part of the set, so where can i get just the levers?

if buying from shop4parts, you get the shoes only :) I'd think wherever you order, you'll have to explicitly order the handbrake arm.

Pah! ur lucky if you ever get any part from fiat (for cinquecentos).. Sorry we don't have those instock.. we'll order you one.. YEA LIKE HELL! try it but try ringing them first.. saves a wasted journey..

balidey said:

on both mine the levers being stuck failed the MOTs, they just need a good old grease and fiddle with them a bit, pull handbrake up and down to loosen them, done these while replacing both cars' brake shoes and handbrake cables... saves money at end of the day... the MOT garage wanted to do all new rear drums/shoes etc, all it needed was oil on the spring and a bit of a fiddle and they work perfect and passed the next day...

HTH

Craig

Thanks for the info. Have ordered shoes from my local motor factors, he says Fiat are the best place to get the levers. Tried my local dealer and they need chassis number before they can tell me if they are in stock :bang: so will try them tomorow.

balidey said:
Tried my local dealer and they need chassis number before they can tell me if they are in stock :bang: so will try them tomorow.

If you'd checked the eper you would have noticed a supersession issue with these, so yes, they do actually need your chassis number.

Even if they don't 'need' your chassis number, its always better to have it. There are huge penalties to pay if parts have to be returned to the manufacturer, so they would rather get it right first time.

I know parts departments can be a pain to deal with, but try and help them to help you.

Cheers

D

Hee-hehe.. My MOT is coming up early april.. Ye my handbrake doesn't work at all.. i'm gonna take the system off & wire bush it all up and hammerrite any non-contact faces.. Then attack it with the thickest/best grease i have.. Grrrrrt dollops of it.. Also loads n loads of ppl say about the connection pin to the arm it's self (held in by a split pin) a little bit of movement here is not good & should be replaced if a lil'bit worn.. I'll get mine turned down at work as i pretty much know this is my problem..

Back