Halfrauds - living upto their name

Currently reading:
Halfrauds - living upto their name

SEE UPDATE - NOT ALL HALFORDS AS BAD AS EACH OTHER! :p

Just about to phone up halfords and have an argument..

Bought a tomtom 700 a week after my gf's dad bought one. Not in competition - just found it dead useful.

Anyway his came with free safety camera and map update vouchers - mine didn't. :(

I've phoned up the halfords in question posing as a potential customer, asking about the tomtom 700 and if it comes with free safety camera updates - yes it does was the answer. Looks like they've given me old pre-offer stock. What should I do?

Last edited:
Ok so it's just Halfords Hartlepool which is crap.

Phoned up the Gateshead branch where I bought it from and they explained that prior to the vouchers being included - they had vouchers to hand out. Then they started to include them in the box. Looks like I've got an older one. I just need to pop up and collect them. I'm off now to pick them up. £50-60 saved having to buy them from TomTom.

They only had about 200 just sitting there behind the counter.... About 10 grands worth!

Get a contact and see if they can get you one. Or buy something from them and say "throw us in one of them there sat nav thingies an I'll buy one of them there air freshners off thee"

Back