General had my car on a rolling road

Currently reading:
General had my car on a rolling road

if ya bought a car that was suppose to be 130 bhp for eg and had it on a rolling road and it turned out say 110bhp are u able to do anyhing about it thro fiat?

hgtdazza said:
if ya bought a car that was suppose to be 130 bhp for eg and had it on a rolling road and it turned out say 110bhp are u able to do anyhing about it thro fiat?

the thing is...

not matter what car you buy the claimed BHP will always be at the FLY Wheel. So 130BHP is claimed by FIAT @ the FLY.

Then you have to convert that power through the drive-train, shafts, wheels, tyres, road. This takes away power - friction.

Then the power is measured at the wheels, this will always be less than the fly-wheel. So 110BHP is at the wheels.

In my case the power exceeds FIAT's claimed output, which is making me wounder. How?? Still trying to get my head around it... I did blame the dymo-results, thinking its not right.

Dunno, think one day, I might have to do a 'RR Shoot-out' and see what happens.

the only true figure you get is at wheels so always use this as one RR can use diferent calculation than another to get the Fly figure (which is still a guess) as you will find that if you went to a few different RR then your fly figure will be different but your at wheels should always be about the same
the thing is some places are more generous than others with there calculations

Back