General had my car on a rolling road

Currently reading:
General had my car on a rolling road

alright had my car on the rollers to day and was pretty chuffed with the result got 98 bhp @ 6900 rpm and 83 lbf/ft @ 5050 rpm thats for a 1998 sporting 1.2 16V with a peco s/s cat back exhaust what does everyone think?? i'm well chuffed with the result was hoping for around 86ish as its ment to be that standard but to get almost 100bhp i was over the moon!!!

Also as I read somewhere by somebody on here, you wouldn't be very happy if you came out reading less than you hoped!

No i don't think it was> not enought grunt to get over speed bumps and such like.

I think people in the USA used them to roll down hill in San Fransico lmao! :D

Could well be same engine??

Well Ghost, strictly speaking you're wrong as Fiats are still sold in South America, which is part of America as a whole. I think what you were trying to say was none are currently sold in the USA or North America (don't know if the are available in Canada or Mexico for example).

Mikey that sounds good, I'm coming to your next rolling road day if it says the same thing about my 1.2 16v ;)

arc said:
what was the figure at the wheels - calculated flywheel readings arent always that reliable!

Calculated fly readings are rarely reliable. The ONLY accurate way to get @fly readings is to get the engine out and get it dyno'd independently of the car on a dyno bench.

Calculating the @fly figure from the @wheels figure depends on you knowing the exact % of transmission loss for your specific car - And not all cars are the same.

Like arc says, what was you're @wheels figure - Coz that's where it counts!

arc said:
we should do a FF rolling road day :D

I'm up for that!

I had my GT RR in November, and the results were v.good, however, slightly worrying...

The car is suppose to be 130BHP @ the fly, and instead it came out just over 160BHP @ the fly, and 130BHP @ the wheels.

Now I have no mods, apart from a K&N and Bleed Valve, which is set to FIAT standard: 1.2 BAR.

The engine is v.strong, I had it fully tested before it went on the RR. The engineer said it was one of the best Punto GT's he'd done. Each pot is equal, very rare apparently.

My car, really does pull hard.

I see other Punto GT RR Results and they differ quite a lot. For instance, another standard GT came out at 130BHP. Of which 105BHP was at the wheels. Now, with mine, thats 160BHP, and 130BHP and the wheels??? You what???

Some people have had SEB'd chips, DE-Cats, Exhausts, etc, etc, and they perform just as good as mine. Weird.

A friend of mine has a standard Fiesta RS Turbo, now these are suppose to be just as quick as a Punto GT, but mine out does his.

I had print-outs of the full test, and I looked into it with detail, and I just can't understand it... I've worked on my car a lot recently, mainly replacing parts, and servicing it. Its not chipped, and there are no signs at all of any moddifications.

Still, its a good little runner...

Back