Had a new HU Fitted..

Currently reading:
Had a new HU Fitted..

DJSparky

I HAVE MY OWN TITLE!
hiya!

I Fitted a new Alpine cde-9880r this eve and Im going to be getting a sub sometime next week, Do The existing speakers in the car sound alright if tuned properly witht the sub for the time being does anyone know?

Cheers
Olly : )

I dont know how many times i have said this recently but now days a fair bit of development for modern cars go's into the ICE. It is no longer seen as just a nice extra in the car but a major selling point. The speakers are designed to work on the environment that they are placed. Take for example the front speakers of the stilo, the cone is bonded to the mount so as to be air tight and give good baffle and also the spider is bonded to the mount giving the speaker good rigidity which is the qualities a speaker needs to produce mid bass (sorry my explination is bad im not very good at saying what i mean LOL)
So when you remove the standard speaker you are changing the environment so although a cheap speaker may have a better power rating it will be difficult to improve on the original environment with a low quality speaker.
Now using the standard HU and upgrading the speakers if done cheaply we already know that its baffle etc will be inferior so the sound will reflect this. You may be able to get a bit more volume to play through them but you have lost the quality.
Also many standard speakers can take a higher RMS wattage than the OE HU can give and most distortion in a standard system actually comes from the HU not the speakers so adding a better HU that will distort less due to a Higher rated amp and better quality build will give better results than just changing the speakers.

You've got the HU, so for now get a sub/amp package. I was running my sub & amp with standard speakers. Turned treble up and bass down. Seemed to be easily enough for what I wanted. Unfortunatly already had the speakers to replace them.

Back