Gutless JTD - Post your times

Currently reading:
Gutless JTD - Post your times

A

Anonymous

Follwing up from my post (http://www.network54.com/Forum/15639/thread/1143056684/last-1144257194/How+does+you+JTD+drive-)

about my powerless feeling JTD got me thinking, can you post me up an idea of what sort of times/speed your JTD does in each gear when accelerating?

i.e.

1st = X seconds /x mph
2nd = X seconds /x mph ....

You get the drift!

MY reason for asking is that although i have been told the JTD is pretty gutless i am still sure somethings not right with mine and i saw this as a common way to compare my JTD with others.......

Thanks

Can you redline in in all gears ?

svenjtd.jpg

Members Site - - - - - - - My Site

Book 0-60 is about 11.5secs in the JTD and 10.6 in the 100TD (Diesel Car). But it doesn't end there. In gear acceleration is far better, 30-50, 40-60, 50-80 how many more do you want? And before all the usual **** gets posted, I owned both cars in std tune at the same time side by side in rude health and the 100TD is quicker. Period.

If you plan not to remap the JTD then you are better off buying the 100TD. You will also save a bit more cash as well as I would guess you could pick one up pretty cheaply now. Fuel economy is marginally better in the JTD but not enough to justify it's slower performance.

Only buy a JTD if you are going to remap it.

too late i already bought one ;-(

No redline in each gear feels like an age to get to even if i tried!

buy a new MAFF sensor then!!!

or go get it re-mapped... then come back and complain!!

or pop to donny.. and i'll take u for a ride in mine.. or go with Lozz ur u prefer lether ;)

style5,TommyK.png

tommytag.jpg

style5,TommyK.png

Tommy K - Have you got the Bottle!!

well 1st about 25
2nd 55
3rd 80ish
4th 112 on the guvoner
5th 132...

0-60... dry/standard wheels.. 7.5 - 8secs (uncomfirmed)

0-60... dry/18" wheels... 8.6secs comfirmed

0-60... wet/standard hlx alloys... 9secs comfirmed.

style5,TommyK.png

tommytag.jpg

style5,TommyK.png

Tommy K - Have you got the Bottle!!

If the engine currently has a fault remapping will not solve this. Performance will still be low. The engine needs to be in good health for remapping to have an effect. Nige at Angeltune will make this clear to you.