Technical guide to fit a clutch cable?

Currently reading:
Technical guide to fit a clutch cable?

benfredjosh

BEN IS A SMACK ED!!!
Hey aint fitted a clutch cable on my sei before anyone have a guide i can follow 2 do it? plzzzz

i aint a member lol yet i am student and young and skint lol! cud u post it on here 4 me or pm me with it

benfredjosh said:
i aint a member lol yet i am student and young and skint lol! cud u post it on here 4 me or pm me with it

Couldn't you look at a cinq Haynes manual? I think its a bit unfair to ask for something which other people have to pay for.

I'm sure Gaz and Peaster and others posted up more than enough instructions on here to help you do it.

Don't be so lazy BFJ and use the SEARCH button.

Liam

chaos said:
Couldn't you look at a cinq Haynes manual? I think its a bit unfair to ask for something which other people have to pay for.

i find this comment slightly patronising... surely the whole point of a forum is to seek and gain advice? telling someone to pay the best part of 20 quid for a manual when they've asked one simple question seems pretty silly to me to be honest.

I think he's talking about Clubcento membership. If you want advice from fellow Cento owners with bags of experience, please join the club. Otherwise, hang on for someone else to answer the query :)

Alroy said:
i find this comment slightly patronising... surely the whole point of a forum is to seek and gain advice? telling someone to pay the best part of 20 quid for a manual when they've asked one simple question seems pretty silly to me to be honest.

Yeah I was talking about CC. The question was a bit cheeky IMO. Perhaps I could have made things a bit clearer. A Haynes manual, however, is a sound buy. I know there isn't one for a sei, but a lot of stuff is common to the cinq. (y)
I have heard that there are forums out there where RTM (Read The Manual) is a common answer for problems tackled by a Haynes manual. Its fine if you have had a go and become stuck, or if you're unsure on anything and want to clarify anything first. Looking through the forum or in a Haynes manual is the first place you should look before making a new thread. If you are unsure of anything after that then post away. :)

that's fair enough. (y)

i think with such a forum you'll find that questions will be asked over and over again (as i'm sure you know), but from a n00b point of view this can sometimes seem quite unhelpful.

i personally like to ask questions myself and find out first hand, for people with limited technical knowledge i would imagine knowing the total ins and outs of their plans would be a big deal.

maybe point people towards the correct threads rather than just saying 'find it yourself'?

just an idea coming from someone that part runs a considerably large forum ;)

The forum even does the searching for you, just looking at "similar threads" tells me the answers.

a quick search came up with

Clutch cable

removal/refitting

NOte: ON the right hand drive models the clutch pedel is transferred across the inside of the engine bulkhead behind the facia via a system of push rods and pivots to the left hand side of the veichile. The clutch cable then transfers the effort from this point to the release mechanism. On the left handle models theclutch pedal is connected directly to the cable.

Removal

Remove the air cleaner first and its associated trunking. At the transmisson end of the clutch cable unscrew the lock nutt and adjuster nut from the end of the fitting Then release the inner and outer cables from the bracket on the transmission housing. Note the position of the damper block.

Working inside the veichile, under neath the right hand side of the facia, unhook the inner cable from the top of the clutch push rod pivot.

Returning to the engine compartment unscrew the nuts securing the outer cable flange to the bulkhead, then withdraw the cable assembly from the compartment.

Refitting

Apply a smear of multi purpose grease to the cable end fittings, then pass the cable through the bulkhead. Refit and tighten the cable flange securing nuts.

Inside the veichile hook the inner cable on to the push rod pivot.

In the engine compartment, attach the outer cable to the transmission housing and refit the damper block and nuts to the inner cable end. ADjust the clutch cable and refit the air cleaner

Taken from the haynes manual for the cinquecento i hope it can be of some assistance.

Back