GTA5 18 page reveal

Currently reading:
GTA5 18 page reveal

Think its safe to say I cannot wait for this game, GTA San Andreas to next gen standards will be awesome...its still possibly my favourite game of all time just for variety, scale and opportunities to mess about.

Seriously Excited!!! Had this game Pre-Ordered from Amazon since the minute I got the email about the Pre-order being up!!!!!
I think comparing it to San Andreas is a bad idea, from the sounds of things, its gonna be far beyond most peoples expectations.. Just makes you wonder though, theyre talking about "we had a more physics to play with..."
Think its gonna be based on a new console as a release game?

When I say San Andreas I understand things have moved on but think about what it did for previous gen gtas, it took everything in vice city and 3 and turned it up to 11. The fact PR has started would mean I'd expect it late this year or early next year. No new consoles are due until Xbox 720 which last time I looked was end of next year, so probably current gen consoles.

after reading tons of interviews with r* staff etc, it does appear they are extremely passionate about their games so i think i can forgive any problems. Will be getting on both xbox and pc so will have to see ;)

All the hype has me playing GTA again...I tried san Andreas but It's too dated now but playing through ballad of gay tony again and you can just tell its a passion for them. They didn't have to model pot holes...or buskers, or a working subway, or have knackered cars that back fire and smoke or working toll gates etc. The game would have been just the same without but the fact they spend so much time getting the setting right makes the game so much better. It doesn't feel like a generic copy paste sandbox because people spend time and effort on it in extreme.

Yeah exactly, when you compare it to other open world games, a lot of them feel dead. even though gta 4 was criticised, i spent hours just driving round noticing small details.

btw @ysidfa they said in an interview that they arent releasing for new consoles due to the audience being much smaller initially, so they're releasing for current gen instead...was on IGN or something like that.

Found it:

With all this bold talk about the story, Houser was a lot more conservative in his talk with Famitsu when it came to hardware. The editor Houser spoke with was a little surprised that GTA 5 wasn't coming out for the console generation after the current one, something the Rockstar creative director brushed off. "Rockstar is a content company, not a hardware company," he said. "We use the technology we have to create content, and we try not to let ourselves get beholden to the hardware. The fact that hardware's so mature right now is exactly why we're able to go on to the next level. GTA 4 was our first attempt at a new platform and HD visuals, so the first part of development was seriously difficult. Now we know what the hardware's capable of, so it's become a lot easier to move things along and a lot more fun, too. GTA: San Andreas came out at the peak of the PlayStation 2's cycle, and we put out a really good game thanks to that. All the best games for a console come out at the end of the lifecycle, right? So now's the best timing of all."

Last edited:
I would rather it was finished but was looking forward to it, also not gonna get a huge amount of time to play before the 720 is out..its now right at the end of the current console life cycle

this is true. In what on the interview dan houser pointed out they wanted to utilise the latest technology due to there currently being a huge audience.

Is about time they moved forward though, the ps3 has the same graphics card I had in my pc when it came out years ago.

Just shows how much can be achieved from a dated system, if it is optimized to run well enough

Let's just hope for the us all GTA fans this won't be another GTA 4 when it's released :p

Saying that though it's original release date was meant to be Spring, then they pushed it to September giving themselves more time to patch any bugs it has and give it final touches it needs. Looking at the current trailers/screenshots makes you want it right now and go on some good ol' fashion police chases! :D

Now where's my GTA 4 disc so I can run some people over and kill some cops......... :devil:

Last edited:
Back