GT5 Video Game Photography

Currently reading:
GT5 Video Game Photography

Haha I'm loving the goodwood hillclimb course. It's like my testing ground for cars I've tinkered with.

The SRT Tomahawk is the maddest car I've ever driven, was actually too fast to drive up the narrow track! Will throw up new photos lol.

I want a steering wheel. :(

I have the official gt logitech 900 degree wheel bought for about a 100 quid a few years ago...however I no longer own any racing games on the PS3..

Well I'm on a bit of an Italian car trip at the moment...

First a Fiat Dino in full wheeler dealers spec.

Then an Alfa Milano, I'm not going to say I'm a fan of the looks to be honest but when it sounds like this it's rude not to..
http://xboxclips.com/CluffmeisterGen/7898463c-f220-4a83-a787-0f65b12fc0e7/embed

Obviously it has the full 80s Alfa interior but for some reason I can't bring myself to drive it from an interior view where the engine sound is muffled.

Then an Alfa Milano, I'm not going to say I'm a fan of the looks to be honest

Actually with the correct paintjob..it makes a decent touring car replica. I did have a tarquini lookalikey but alitalia is where it's at.

Also there's a rather cool east meets west moment at brands effect going on.
http://xboxclips.com/CluffmeisterGen/3c4c5503-5f5d-40b3-92f8-9f0bec2c00fe/embed

Off throttle it still sounds like a busso...but once it gets towards 7k rpm (racing cams, pistons and crank) and gets some DV on (twin turbo...because) it sounds like it's got a 2jz!

And yes it has been a very productive day off.

Last edited:
Upgraded to Horizon 3 finding it difficult to play the game as its so pretty I just want to take photos, that and unlike the usual pretty back drops pre canned you just spot places that look nice and take photos.

Screenshot-Original-52.png

Screenshot-Original-2.png
Screenshot-Original-1.png
Screenshot-Original-3.png
Screenshot-Original-6.png

Last edited:
Well my wonderful housemate has brought Forza Horizon with him, and it's still crazy pretty, and I'm getting a bit into it. Second car I bought had to be the Abarth 500. I'll see if I can work out how photos work on an Xbox.

So bloody complicated.

If it's the original horizon on Xbox 360 then yes it's not as easy as the Xbox one. What you have to do is take the photo with the in game camera, save and share to store front (it'll prompt this automatically) once that has been done, if you go to Forzamotorsport.net sign in with your gamertag then click on community, the drop down will have a gallery option which will allow you to see and download your screenies.

Gotta say Xbox One is hugely easier in this respect.

Screenshot-Original-191.png

Ferrari 488 providing it's own lighting...

Screenshot-Original-251.png

Catching the dawn in a V8 turbo AA van..

If it's the original horizon on Xbox 360 then yes it's not as easy as the Xbox one. What you have to do is take the photo with the in game camera, save and share to store front (it'll prompt this automatically) once that has been done, if you go to Forzamotorsport.net sign in with your gamertag then click on community, the drop down will have a gallery option which will allow you to see and download your screenies.

Gotta say Xbox One is hugely easier in this respect.

Screenshot-Original-191.png

Ferrari 488 providing it's own lighting...

Screenshot-Original-251.png

Catching the dawn in a V8 turbo AA van..

Ah I'm playing without XBL because he doesn't trust us with his account (and rightly so lol).

Love the AA van!

I've got a few good photos from GT6, will dig them out.

Last edited:
Ah I'm playing without XBL because he doesn't trust us with his account (and rightly so lol).

Love the AA van!

I've got a few good photos from GT6, will dig them out.

Good good Tbf takes more skill to get good photos in GT...anything you point your camera at in FM looks awesome.

If you've got a hotmail account you can link it to your Xbox account giving you Xbox live silver (and a free day of gold) that would be enough to enable photo stuff.

I do love my AA van in the video at the start of the race as it pulls up in the car park it looks like you're turning up to fix somebody..then it does this

Oh I might have a go at that, cheers! I've never even used an xbox, let alone actually actively played on it for prolonged periods of time!

Chucked up 5 decent(ish) photos. You've got some nice scenery, my drifty safety car, my wheelie mad GTR (490mph out of it with brakes on full and wheels spinning), and a fun glitch track I found!

Circuito de la Sierra.jpg

Ronda.jpg

Special Stage Route 5.jpg

Special Stage Route X_2.jpg

Andalusia.jpg

Last edited:
Enjoying the fact all 4 brake discs on the R35 look ready to melt. That test track is fun I once took whatever they call the Mazda 2 sport out on with all engine mods but left the gear box standard. May seem daft but it's got a cvt so can be encouraged up to 220mph!?! Fairly sure the body panels would be peeling off at that speed.

That's some jump!

Little bit of gamertag info:
http://support.xbox.com/en-GB/my-account/manage-gamertag-and-profile/offline-profile-to-gamertag

Also if you haven't switched all the driving assists off in horizon do it, transforms the game.

Still messing on built a widebody drift m3...but got caught speeding..
GetPhoto_1_.jpg

Also it wasn't quite scene enough..so bought a stock hakosuka GTR adding a few homey touches.
Screenshot-Original-32.png

And it's a drift beast.
Screenshot-Original-31.png

Then I got this and forgot it existed..
Screenshot-Original-39.png

Still on PS4 - Overwatch has literally captured my heart. Because in what other game can you and your mates do literally nothing to help the team, sit in the corner and just be useless. Also in what other game can you fight as a ninja, gorilla and angel all side by side?!

download.jpg

Have managed to get into the Gran Turismo Sport Closed Beta though - looks pretty, I will grant it that, and the cars available look pretty okay although from the slither I've seen look to be pulled from the same stable that they have every other game. They only give you an Audi TT (new one, yawn), one of those Mercedes with the big wang on the back, and a Ferrari GT?????? widebody thing.

In all - not sure if I'd buy it. Very limited beta, physics and sounds are still... ehhhhh. Graphically gorgeous, but so was GT6. New racing UI is very pretty but not half as functional as the old one. Doubt they'll update all the old cars to match the new graphics, and there seems to be a vast increase in GT style racing rather than road/performance cars, which is more my thing. Guessing GTSport will just be a stopgap a bit like GT5 Prologue was.

Last edited:
Yeah not a fan of pre-tuned cars hence my jumping ship to forza. Last thing I built was a Ferrari engined Abarth 695, I don't actually think that V12 would fit..

See how GT it reviews when it comes out I suppose but probably more likely to move to project Scorpio than ps4 at this point.

Yeah not a fan of pre-tuned cars hence my jumping ship to forza. Last thing I built was a Ferrari engined Abarth 695, I don't actually think that V12 would fit..

See how GT it reviews when it comes out I suppose but probably more likely to move to project Scorpio than ps4 at this point.

I know, Forza so nearly pulled my over to the Xbox this time, but some of my best buds (and new best friends) are on Playstation, which is good nonetheless.

I so want a Ferrari engined Abarth.

I just want an Abarth.

Or an Abarth engine.

Something.

Yeah, I can see that. I'm going to build a powerful PC (when I have money, sigh), which I guess opens that market up without sacrificing my console!

Back