Technical GT Clutch Bleeding

Currently reading:
Technical GT Clutch Bleeding

Just looking for some clarification from anyone who's already done it really, clutch went slack and wouldn't allow me to select gear. Reservoir level was quite low and as I was pouring fluid in, I could see it being gulped down by the car so am presuming that the system is totally dry. No obvious leaks so going to refill, bleed and monitor.

I found this guide for hydraulic clutch bleeding, so just want to make sure this is the right process and if anyone has any tips for easy access to the bleed nipple.

http://www.teamrip.com/how_to_properly_bleed_a_hydraulic_clutch_info.html

Cheers.

did a bit more reading on this and found a few people saying to check where the gear linkage attaches to subframe under the car, there is a bit that can break and you can't get gears..

With regards to bleeding, i never done a hydraulic clutch but that sounds like it should work to me what you linked.. I think the key is don't depress the pedal fast or pump to avoid damaging seals. But like i said on facebook, the fluid has to have gone somewhere... It will go down as the pads wear out obviously but sounds like too much fluid to be just brake pads to me.

your just being lazy cause its an arse to get at and its cold and wet :p
They aren't expensive but you really should try and figure out if it is leaking and if so if that's the source of the leak - could be pipe into it leaking and just needs cleaning and tightening up...

Whip the battery out and the battery tray (i looked this up and its how you are meant to change it). Once you have seen it you will know pretty quick if its that leaking and then you can order a replacement - sounds easy enough to change it - I'll give you a hand fitting and bleeding if you can leave it til around new year when i come visiting ;)

Well it turned out that the slave cylinder was the issue, as the clutch now works perfectly, Unfortunately, in my efforts to get her home under her own steam I think I may have bent a selector fork as she seems to be stuck in 3rd (which was the gear I used to get her home, with a little coaxing).

External selectors appear to be moving fine, but if there is anything obvious that others know better I'm all ears!

Back