Technical GT Brakes & 13" Wheels?

Currently reading:
Technical GT Brakes & 13" Wheels?

fatty

Will the GT brake upgrade squeeze under standard 13" sporting wheels or no way not a chance ever ever? They're only 17mm bigger so I thought they might just squeeze in.

No harm in asking.....

As J333EVO said no chance with the PGT callipers. However I've got to finish sorting out willwood Midilite callipers clamping onto UT discs, this should be delivering similar results to the PGT set up in terms of performance.

Hmmm How bout Uno Turbo brakes? They any better than standard stuff?

Very interested in the Willwood Midlite set up keep me informed!

Its a clart on buying spacers, bolts and tyres to go to 14's. I was gunna swap the tyres on my 13's to 175/50 Yoko's and it saves the hassle.

If you can get hold of some with 35et, then it's just 3mm at the back (or nothing if you've got disks) 8-10 at the front, and £35 or less for a stud conversion. No need to use hubcentrics, just stock sporting front spacers at the rear, decent aftermarket ones at the front. Then fit Uniroyals in 195/45/14 at about £35 a corner and (late, for preference) GT calipers with Alfa 155 disks (about £40 a pair).

It'll be easier and better than the UT conversion, and you'll have so much grip.

As i've said before and most UT owners will agree...

UT brakes are sh!te :)
There's nothing wrong with 240mm discs if you use the right callipers, which is why I'm planning to use willwood 4 pot callipers with pads that are marginally bigger than late PGT pads :).

There's nothing wrong with 240mm discs if you use the right callipers, which is why I'm planning to use willwood 4 pot callipers with pads that are marginally bigger than late PGT pads :).

are wilwoods sealed nowadays?
years ago i had them on a R5 GTT and winter was a nightmare for sticking/seized calipers ;)

Custard, depends on the callipers the ones I'm going to be using aren't my first choice (they're bigger and heaver than I was really wanting which could apparently squeeze 257mm discs under 13" rims :eek:) but come in a 'low maintenance road specification' version which are sealed.

Fingers, yeah the swept area is smaller but with pistons available should deliver as good or better braking power, I may need to change the master cylinder but that won't be much of a problem at all.

UT brakes are superb, with the right material, and the right master cylinder.

I've found I'm spot on with stock master cylinder using Black Diamond 240mm drilled & grooved (ventilated) discs under reconditioned UT fronts. Wonder what it'll be like when I fit my Punto GT 240mm solid rears.

Last edited:
Back