General GSR kit Road trip photos and questions

Currently reading:
General GSR kit Road trip photos and questions

100hpJames

Has sport button disease
thought I'd post a few pics of my mad saturday!

firstly we set off to liverpool (120miles or so) to pick up a Red GSR kit from grizzly panda (thanks mate) managed to get there around half ten, then in true fashion used our phone's internet to find the nearest halfords, and bought a socket set and spanner on trade and fitted the kit in the car park there and then (took about 35 mins). We set off for home but before long saw a sign for north wales.....say no more.... off to the Evo magazine test roads we went, theres a few pics below, but I'm hoping to get the rest off my mate before he goes to turkey lol, anyway, highly reccommend these roads, the panda loves it!:slayer:
Photo0032.jpg

Photo0031.jpg

Photo0035.jpg

Photo0038.jpg

anyway, first question, I've heard you need to check the bracket for security regularly? would this be where the bracket attaches to the filter? any reason the plain nut can't be changed for a lock nut or attach a spring washer?
secondly, has anyone considered a way of feeding cold air straight to the filter? I was toying with the idea of drilling holes in the centre of the honeycombe fog light surround? (neatly of course)

any feed back appreciated :)(y)

pretty much yeah! lol

Blimey, i'm surprised its that low. Am sort of glad I haven't got one as had to go through a foot of water the other night and with one of those it could well have taken in water (I had a bit of a bow wave at the front!).

I'd say the last thing you want to do is give it a direct air supply from the front as it will only increase teh chance of ingesting water.

Last edited:
true, I was toying with buying another grill from fiat and doing it with that for the dryer months, we get flooding around here alot, but there's always a way around, the panda's standard setup is good for floods as the intake is quite high up

I'd say the last thing you want to do is give it a direct air supply from the front as it will only increase teh chance of ingesting water.

Although every other car I've owned with a standard setup seemed to manage with an open-grille feed. I'm surprised the Panda gets any cool air as it stands as any cool air coming through the front of the car will be heated by the radiator before it reaches the intake. I also toyed with punching out some of the honeycomb, but it seems a lot of effort for probably very little gain :D

Chris

Although every other car I've owned with a standard setup seemed to manage with an open-grille feed. I'm surprised the Panda gets any cool air as it stands as any cool air coming through the front of the car will be heated by the radiator before it reaches the intake. I also toyed with punching out some of the honeycomb, but it seems a lot of effort for probably very little gain :D

Chris

When you think of the temperature of the intake air by the time it gets into the engine I really think that whether or not the engine gets air at ambient temperature or air that is slightly above ambient temperature is not massively important in all honesty.

The only time I have seen a noticable problem caused by overheated intake air was when it was well over 100degrees C on my old supercharged Mr2. It would get closer to 200C on occasion. I sorted that with better airflow through the intercooler fins. As you can imagine it is a real issue on a mid-engined car with an intercooler sitting on top of the engine!

Last edited:
there is a gap in the plastic guard under the GSR I've noticed so it'll get some fresh air from there, so I'll leave it for now, just took the filter off to clean, its drying outside as we speak :)

Back