Technical GSR Induction Kit - Where and how long??

Currently reading:
Technical GSR Induction Kit - Where and how long??

You shouldn't have any issues, but (I feel like i'm going to annoy people with this), the chances of water ingression over a standard setup seem to be somewhat increased. I wouldn't fit one for this reason.
Yet I do thousands of miles per year, on motorways, country lanes, etc - and haven't had any issues.

I just avoid the flooded roads ;) large puddles seem to be fine (y) i.e. normal driving in this country!!!

Yet I do thousands of miles per year, on motorways, country lanes, etc - and haven't had any issues.

I just avoid the flooded roads ;) large puddles seem to be fine (y) i.e. normal driving in this country!!!

Mine has survived all the crap weather Gloucestershire has thrown at it. As Stu says just be sensable and avoid flooded roads !!

Last edited:
not for a man its not :devil::p

LOL!

And oh dear. Must admit though seriously CBA to stop the car open the bonnet disconnect something etc then close bonnet get back in car and resume journey through big puddle/flood, then repeat when I get to the other side.

Why not just have it so that it doesn't suffer this problem? Putting the intake a little higher is hardly going to get rid of the massive horsepower gains is it?

;)

i have been driving for (aww crap) 25 years, and haven't come across a flood yet where if i had had a kit fitted i would have needed to do this, its just incase advice.

edit apart from tide at mersea island, but can wait for it to go down or not go there at high tide, seen many standard cars get fcuked there

Last edited:
Not wishing to start an argument but that's a bit of a faff really isn't it?
To be fair, I have only come across 2 flooded roads in 19 years of driving :shrug:[one of those covered half of Northamptonshire!!!]

And if I did, all it needs is a jubilee clip undone. Faff! If you say so :)

Last edited:
You say it is hassle, as if this is something you have to do on a weekly basis!

I would be loathe to drive any car through a flood, whether modified or not. The fact you can protect yourself by removing a jubilee clip in like 20 seconds is an added benefit surely.

Then again, I don't have a habit of coming across flooded roads!!! But I do know having the kit on totally outweighs any 'hassle factor' that may occur in the rare occasion you do...

Last edited:
So getting away from flooded roads and back to the GSR kit;

How much does it cost?
Is is easy to fit?
What's the time delay between order and delivery?

Back