Grrr @ bad ebay advertising

Currently reading:
Grrr @ bad ebay advertising

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/2001-YL51-Reg-FIAT-BRAVA-80SX-BLUE-FSH-27801MILESONLY_W0QQitemZ4607476911QQcategoryZ9843QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Looks great, very good price...so what's wrong with it? Maybe nothing, maybe just a bargain, but such a crap description! Have emailed about it, any thoughts from anybody? Unusual for it to have 9 months tax if it just came through an auction etc.

It's in Rotherham, I doubt my parents will ever look at a car for me in Rotherham after that megane they saw there for me!:eek:

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Very weird, RAC search shows:

Manufacturer FIAT Model BRAVA 100 SX AUTO Body type 4 DOOR SALOON Colour BLUE Fuel type PETROL Date manufactured 08 October 2001Number of previous owners 2Last owner change 10 July 2005

Yeah but RAC states it's an auto, probably nothing, just a mistake, I know they exist, but still something to weary off. I live by "if it's too good to be true it PROBABLY is" but not "it always is" ;)

Will wait to see what he comes back with, if he has owned it for 6 months and states it's all in great condition, it's worth that!

Ah so you think it's a 1.6 auto Dave and ebay has mistakenly stuck in 1242cc?

Only thing I have compared to is DVLA. But he has put 80 in the description. Checked his feedback and previous items - never sold a car before.

I agree it sounds too cheap, but it even states FSH! I would be happy with a V reg for that money to be honest, but, will wait and see what he says. Even if it is the best car under the sun, doubt my dad would help me look at it to be honest.

I have (that's the RAC info) (directly linked).

I am sure he would know whether his car is an 80 or 100 manual or auto, so guessing my worry is that the number plate isn't meant for that car! but more likely a mistake on the database, it's not the first time I have seen it I don't think? Dave will know.

I asked him a load of questions, look forward to his answers. I have learnt these days to ask a lot about a car.

dave said:
click bin go see if it dont match description walk away, if its the 1.2 its bargain of the week

Will wait for a reply, if he is the 3rd owner and owned it 6 months (as per the DVLA) and has the V5 properly in his name, service history, good condition etc. I agree. Tax + MOT means it could be driven back this weekend.

I can't get excited, I did that with two cars before and they were awful. I learnt that most cars on ebay seem to be.

It's his other items for sale which make it possibly a good deal -he sells football programs etc. and nothing to do with cars.

Wish it had more and better pictures

352, 98.6% positive.

ITEM POSTED 28/12 1ST CLASS SENT PROOF OF PO AS NOT REC YET I GOT NASTY FEEDBACK
Seller 2910cheryl
s.gif
( 159
iconTealStar_25x25.gif
) 05-Jan-06 17:425454336908Reply by 1988ib: AND YOU DESERVED NASTY FEEDBACK.8 DAYS FROM HALIFAX IS RIDICULOUS,SENT CQ 21/12 05-Jan-06 22:35Follow-up by 2910cheryl: HAVE U HEARD OF XMAS POST??? PRESUMING U HAVE REC. SUGG ATTITUDE ADJUSTMENT X

Lots of good feedback though. Only one negative in about the last year.

Trouble is, it will be a few hours wasted and I am not sure if my parents would be willing to help me due to the last time we went to Rotherham! I do have a very nice megane this weekend to go and look at it but no way of getting it home lol.

Then again, my Nanny is ill and lives in Harrogate so could go on the way...hmm.

Chaos; I concur with you, very odd, anybody got explanations why ebay's own checker thinks it's the car he does, DVLA doesn't know it exists and RAC say 1.6 auto?

The Negotiator said:
I am not sure if my parents would be willing to help me due to the last time we went to Rotherham!
Why? Is it ****? :p
H

Back