Technical Grinding sound

Currently reading:
Technical Grinding sound

bigpigeon2004

I have a nasty grinding coming from the driver's side on the front wheel. Could this be the brake pad has worn?

I can't take wheel off because I'm sure if I have the key for the locking wheel nut.

Any ideas??

If the grinding gets worse when you press the pedal, probably, although it could be a stone in the caliper. Either way you'll need to find the keynut and take the wheel off to check. Not worth damaging the discs.

Cheers

D

sorry

What does the key look like? I have a plastic bolt thing with 4 steel bolts in a box. Is this it?

Unlikely to be plastic. It should be in the box alright and should be a socket that matches the odd bolt on the wheel. If nothing there that suits then find the thread on her about locking bolt removal for further suggestions.

Cheers

D

They Plastic thing is Acc. to remove the Aluminuim caps that are 'supposed' to cover the locking wheel nut to make it look like a normal nut.. but yea dude - its a socket with funni grooves to a Normal 19mm head.. your kit should have came with two (if you're changing a tyre in the dark & pissed off they probly get lost real easy)

Well, i've been no help as usaual! :p

Cheerz,
Scott

Back