General Grinding noise

Currently reading:
General Grinding noise

ilsonemo

Speed Camera Tester
hey just a quick one,

driving on the way to the hospital today, i started to get a really bad grinding on the passenger side front, theres no noise when breaking, the noise starts when i am general driving.

not had it to bits yet as my drive is covered in snow, but i am going to be removing the wheel as soon as, to try and find the problem.

has anyone else had the same problem ? and if so what was it ?

thanx

forgot to add its like a grinding with vibration

With the weather the way it is you ain't got a chunk of ice stuck behind the wheel have you?

thankyou for the help so far

it isnt the brakes as i replaced pads and disks 3 months back, i also replaced the rear gearbox mount at the same time.

we shall see tomorrow when i have the wheel off and check everything

hey just a quick one,

driving on the way to the hospital today, i started to get a really bad grinding on the passenger side front, theres no noise when breaking, the noise starts when i am general driving.

not had it to bits yet as my drive is covered in snow, but i am going to be removing the wheel as soon as, to try and find the problem.

has anyone else had the same problem ? and if so what was it ?

thanx

forgot to add its like a grinding with vibration

I had the same thing a while back, the pad(s) was/were not entirely returning, mainly after heavy braking. Removed them, filed around the 'ears' on either end, wire-brushed and filed a bit inside the calliper where the same part of the pad goes (this also removed a load of accumulated brake dust, etc). Copper-ease'd the back of the pads, reassembled, sorted.

thankyou for all the help, had the wheels of the car on the ramps the lot and found the gearbox mount i replayced 10 months ago has buggered again the rubber has dropped compleatly through again.

i have all three mounts ordered, they will be hear monday, and im going to replacethe lot.

yes dont worry fingers, i did, and i also put a new spring washer on when i did it all, must of been a crap mount, or my driving.

well this time im going to replace them also ino its done

(wasnt ment to sound sarcastic sorry)

thats what i was thinking, so this morning ive been to scrappy to get a temp mount, and ive fitted that while i wait for all the new ones.

the temp one has seemed to solve the problem for now.

thankyou for all your help

Back