General Green Firefly

Currently reading:
General Green Firefly

Sprox

1 Key operation!
Apparently, It has a FIAT 1050 engine - I haven't seen it yet!!!!!

Please send all Firefly info to this thread
:D

Its the 1049cc engine I think here. A brazilian engine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobianchi_Y10

BTW....I think that this review is wrong, it says the a112 abarth used this engine, but it didnt. It used the ohv engine (1036cc) similar to the 903/965cc engine pandas. What do others think...appolagies if this is hijacking the thread, thought it was a relevant to the topic!

Si

Its the 1049cc engine I think here. A brazilian engine.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Autobianchi_Y10

BTW....I think that this review is wrong, it says the a112 abarth used this engine, but it didnt. It used the ohv engine (1036cc) similar to the 903/965cc engine pandas. What do others think...appolagies if this is hijacking the thread, thought it was a relevant to the topic!

Si

So whats an OHV engine? Thick I know, lol.

Yeah, your both right, over head valve engine like what the 903 pandas have. With the old style push rods :slayer:

I love that firefly also, I was a bit slow tbh! Didnt think to check your gallery! Doh! Looks awesome, bet it goes ok too!

Si

Not sure if engine information on car is correct will hopefully know more tomorrow. . . .
Hoping it's a 999 Fire - but a 1050 OHV OverHeadValve engine might be a bit fun!!!!!!!!

Not sure if engine information on car is correct will hopefully know more tomorrow. . . .
Hoping it's a 999 Fire - but a 1050 OHV OverHeadValve engine might be a bit fun!!!!!!!!

well looks like a fire engine in your pictures. the ohv engine looks different. Think there is a picture of the ohv engine in my gallery. (y)

Si

Hi guys. Just my tuppence worth. I have a couple of 1049cc Brasil motors being employed as doorstops in my garage at the moment. They are OHC with siamesed ports like those on a A-series.

Ok! I've got the car!!!!!!
Drove it back to Ramsey today.

It is a 1050 OHV engine in excellent condition
It has a distributor without a Vacuum advance
The Carburettor has a functioning outlet for a vacuum adavance
IS it the right Carb for the car?????????
THere is a running problem that seems linked to the lack of vacuum advance or the wrong carb..

Anyone got any ideas or spares for a 1050?:confused:

Ok! this is the engine I've got - It is the 1050 Brasil engine (as in a Fiat 127)

THe carb is different to the one in thsi picture - mine has an autochoke and fuel lines accessing the carb from the drivers side of the engine bay.
Brasil_Engine.jpg

Back