Fiat Panda - Interior
63avmgg.jpg

18.jpg

DSCN2535.JPG

GreatWall Peri (Chinese) - Motor
3RVLUQ9G072K0008.jpg

Fiat Panda - Motor
20040320224806.jpg

Does anyone know if fiat has sold the franchise for them to produce those interiors etc?

Driving a peugeot combi van is like sitting in a ulysse they are exactly the same as is the citroen & fiat combi I believe

Last edited:
This is what happens when weak Western governments Panda, sorry I mean pander, to a malicious Eastern giant because we want their trade. As a result their dreadful human rights issues are ignored, they continue to cause unacceptable pollution and they flood our markets with cheap but dreadfully substandard and in some cases dangerous goods. I believe 80% of mainland Chinese toy manufacturers produce goods not acceptable to the West. My uncle has bought cheap folding bicycles originating in China and I would not risk my life on one. Buying tyres recently, I have carefully avoided tyres of Chinese origin, although it can be difficult as they carry brand names that are well-known.
The same will apply to their cars when they arrive in significant numbers on our roads, as they probably will. Folk will buy them on price but will find them seriously unreliable and unsafe.
Copying designs, as in the case of this Chinese abomination, is totally unacceptable and could ruin European motor manufacturers, who have put a lot of money into research and design, when consumers buy on price and looks alone. And in my opinion, European car makers are now producing the best product in the world. The Japanese have lost sight of what we want on our continent and produce bland, mediocre cars. Cars from the USA are barely better made than those from China and other Eastern carmakers' products remain dull. Sadly, our future lies in producing well-designed cars in former communist countries because they have cheap, committed and well-trained labour forces. Hence we have this website where the Panda is more or less consistently praised by happy owners.

Does anyone know if fiat has sold the franchise for them to produce those interiors etc?

Driving a peugeot combi van is like sitting in a ulysse they are exactly the same as is the citroen & fiat combi I believe

No, its a chinese copy, as they do in everything :mad:

The Citroen/Peugeot/Fiat thing is different - they're not copies, the companies got together to design some of their vans and mpvs to cut development costs. It's the same with the Peugeot 107/Citroen C1/Toyota Aygo - they're even made in the same factory. Citroen and Peugeot are both owned by the same company, PSA. VW own Seat, Audi, Skoda, and Lamborghini, hence why they all have the same range of engines, and Skodas are as reliable as Volkswagens now. Some Mazdas are Fords in disguise, Saabs are actually Vauxhall Vectras, the Vauxhall Agila is a Suzuki Wagon R... it goes on and on! I think only BMW and Mercedes only make their own products now, but I could be wrong.

if i had a panda i'd want some of those light on the roof!! they look wicked :D

tbh i would imagine this is a duel development thing, look at the doors they are identical as are the dash bits...

perhaps t's fiat being cheap... or perhaps they sold rights to use parts for a price...?

Last edited:
No way! - it is a blatant rip-off!

The Chinese also ripped-off the Matiz to such an extent that GM bought one and found that a number of parts could be fitted directly to their Matiz.....

VW build the Jetta in China and set up production there years ago only to be TOLD last year that the Chinese will be building THEIR OWN car on the same production lines.

Back