Graphics Card Recommendations

Currently reading:
Graphics Card Recommendations

chaos

Ah. Not good...
Right, looks like I need a new GFX card :( Got a max of £50 to spend all in. Needs to be AGP 8X. I don't do gaming, I just watch DVDs, internet browsing etc. Anyone got any suggestions? Not really fussed if its an ATI or Nvidia chipset.

Cheers

I know you said you dont do gaming, but if you can find/stretch to the ATI 9800 pro, there is a pretty big difference (apparently)... its kinda like the lowest card you can use on the latest generation of simbin racing sims (i know you said games arnt improtant, but im sure it helps all aorund the system...) - its the one im running, and using a fairly pokey machine/sound card and a lot of ram, it can run all the latest simbin games with lots of graphics on. You should beable to find one for under £50 if you look around too.

cheers...

bassy-alex said:
I know you said you dont do gaming, but if you can find/stretch to the ATI 9800 pro, there is a pretty big difference (apparently)... its kinda like the lowest card you can use on the latest generation of simbin racing sims (i know you said games arnt improtant, but im sure it helps all aorund the system...) - its the one im running, and using a fairly pokey machine/sound card and a lot of ram, it can run all the latest simbin games with lots of graphics on. You should beable to find one for under £50 if you look around too.

cheers...

I've been told there's a fairly large jump going from the 9600 to the 9800 series, but the 9800 seems to be out of budget unless I go second hand, which I would rather not do on something that could have been abused in the past.

Yeah... good point. Try keeping your eye out for one in a non branded box. I got an absolute steal on my soundcard recently becasue it came in a plain brown box rather than a big shiny, brightly coloured one. Also, dont be tempted by ones that come bundled with games etc... most the time, they are old games, that are only bundled cos no-one buys them - your not getting a good deal!

Back