General Grande Punto window problem

Currently reading:
General Grande Punto window problem

RMVS

Hello,

Really struggling to find the issue with a Fiat Grande Punto 2006 reg passenger window.

The passenger window was not responding at all.

The fuse was broken and replaced and now I am getting something but the window motor is basically stuck on down. If you remove the motor from the regulator the motor runs constantly.

I have replaced the motor, the regulator and both switches and still the issue remains.

It surely cannot be a broken wire as the motor only has 2 wires going to it so if either of the 2 wires were broken it wouldn't receive power?

Is there a separate relay switch just for the passenger window?

Also to make matters more confusing the drivers window works fine.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

It might be worth checking the wiring harness from the door to the body on both sides. Unplug the body connector and pull back the rubber sleeve. The wires end up really brittle and over time break due to the opening and closing of the doors.

It might be worth checking the wiring harness from the door to the body on both sides. Unplug the body connector and pull back the rubber sleeve. The wires end up really brittle and over time break due to the opening and closing of the doors.
Sorry for delay. Just to update as I hate when people do these threads and don't provide a conclusion. The issue was a broken wire on the drivers side. It was a broken wire to one of the switches therefore my theory of the motor still getting power so could not be a cable was wrong. Thanks for help!

I also have to thank you for this suggestion. I had already taken the door trim off and was going through the wiring. Opening up the rubber seal at the door hinge immediately exposed the problem. One wire broken and three others had their wiring exposed (driver side) and a broken wire on passenger side. I was even able to fix it before the rain came (window was open...)!

BTW - soldered the driver side and crimped the passenger side. Will let you know which one will break first... but crimping was much easier than soldering for me.

Back