General grande punto speaker SOUND + VIBRATION

Currently reading:
General grande punto speaker SOUND + VIBRATION

This solution will stop the speaker vibration that has driven you mad since day one of GP ownership.

Doors cards vibrating seems to be a problem with EVERYONES grande punto

1. COMPLETELY tear away the white plastic liner, it makes the nosie WORSE

2. put CARPET underneath every space where the cables look as though they could touch the metal door frame. The cables are the cause of the VIBRATION

3. Make a SPEAKER SURROUND out of thick carpet to deaden the vibration on the door frame as much as possible

4. MAKE SURE you do the big fat cable that runs just underneath and to the side of the speaker hole (you need to remove speaker to get to it), this one is the main culprit...

Pictures:

Attachments

• sound 001.jpg
    sound 001.jpg
    197.7 KB · Views: 344
  • sound 002.jpg
    sound 002.jpg
    147.6 KB · Views: 71
  • sound 003.jpg
    sound 003.jpg
    196.5 KB · Views: 61
  • sound 004.jpg
    sound 004.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 63
  • sound 005.jpg
    sound 005.jpg
    197.5 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
It may look shabby, but the results are unbelieveable:)

You really can crank up your bass and have the windows down, (should you be that sort of person) without the embarressment of them being able to hear the cables vibrating...

I've got all aftermarket kit and I don't get vibration as I made the cables have the minimum amount of slack required :p

The original kit did vibrate when up loud though. Good guide, you may want T to copy it into the guide section mind.

Tom :)

Not a good idea, as removing the weather-proofing sheet will likely cause your footwells to become paddling pools whenever it rains....

You'd be surprised at how much water runs inside the doors- the drainage holes in the bottom are there for a reason, though they're easily clogged.

I've known many an occasion (Fiats and Alfa's) where if the lower edge wasn't fully adhered to the door skin you'd find rain water trickling over/under the sill trims.

tbh, it's not exactly like the GP is a quality car, so Id expect the footwells to be flooded years down the line, plastic sheet over the door or not.

Anyone know of any "non vibration encouraging" material that is also weather proof?

tbh, it's not exactly like the GP is a quality car, so Id expect the footwells to be flooded years down the line, plastic sheet over the door or not.

Anyone know of any "non vibration encouraging" material that is also weather proof?

What about all the sponge/foam already used in/under the dash and wrapped round cables etc? I was thinking of getting some but don't really know where to buy it from. Any ideas?

I was thinking maybe a large wadge of "sponge like" material used to fill non-leather sofas etc.

would have to be say 2-3cm thick so you could slip the wires over the top, that would completely deaden any vibration and also help with noise insulation/intrusion.

It is to stop all the condensation and shizzle. Could also ruin your speakers. I don't get any rattling? Actually i don't even hear the music, just bass.

I was thinking maybe a large wadge of "sponge like" material used to fill non-leather sofas etc.

would have to be say 2-3cm thick so you could slip the wires over the top, that would completely deaden any vibration and also help with noise insulation/intrusion.

As on my post on the technical bit, I left all the plastic wether proofing sheet in place, and used the same foam they put in sofas, a large thick piece sprayed it with bostik repostionable adhesive spray and screwed everything back together, its a very tight fit, but it works, and basicly just fills the space with foam, also helps with filtering a bit of road noise I guess. But it seems to help with the sound as well getting rid of rattles. Check it on the technical bit, foaming at the doors.

Last edited:
Back