Grande Punto Radio Wiring Problems

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Radio Wiring Problems

Drewian

Ive had my Fiat Grande Punto for just under a year and finally i decided to upgrade the radio to something a bit more to my liking.

Ive managed to take off the radio and Ive removed the case at the back plugged all the wires into the car which turned out lovely only had to buy an aerial adapter and the fascia.

but now Ive reached a new problem i turn on the radio and there is no display or sound. the radio will eject Cd's so there is power to the unit but im not sure what is wrong. ive tried the radio in a different car and it works perfect. the old grande punto has a 10? fuse connected into the radio, where as the new one is a 15? fuse.

also ive noticed that the new radio has different wiring positions on the black connector. now i would be tempted to move the pins but im hesitant in doing it incase i damage what i have.

does anyone believe that any of these are part of the problem. if anyone has any suggestions id greatly appreciate any input :)

its to do with power source (head unit needs two but car only has one)

theres a way to fix if you search back through the forum cos i had same problem

iirc if you swap ignition and power wires or get an ISO adaptor

Have you rAn an ignition live cable from the cig lighter? There is only a constant live on the radio loom but no ignition live.

I had this issue when I installed my headinit, after I ran the wire it worked ok.

Hopefully that should sort it for you.

Back