General Grande Punto JTD

Currently reading:
General Grande Punto JTD

Bunny

Curse of the were-rabbit
I was in my local FIAT garage yesterday while my friend collect his new car (Stilo) when i came across the Multijet Grande Punto.
After looking at it and sitting in it, i now want one. I'll have to wait before i get one as i've just got my Bravo JTD.

Anyway has anyone ordered or driven the 1.9 Multijet GP? If so is it any good?

Last edited:
Bunny said:
Anyway has anyone ordered or driven the 1.9 Multijet GP? If so is it any good?
Not driven the 1.9, but i tried the 1.3 75hp multijet, and ordered a 1.3 90hp version. I am protecting my licence, and trading in my Fabia Vrs in, it's easy to go too quick in, and my self control is minimal. The 1.9 GP 130hp should have similar performance to the Fabia, so it'll be pretty rapid!

gavin said:
Not driven the 1.9, but i tried the 1.3 75hp multijet, and ordered a 1.3 90hp version. I am protecting my licence, and trading in my Fabia Vrs in, it's easy to go too quick in, and my self control is minimal. The 1.9 GP 130hp should have similar performance to the Fabia, so it'll be pretty rapid!
:eek: Someone gone from VAG to Fiat!!

I recently owned a Seat Leon Cupra (Diesel), 150bhp, that was rapid, especially for a diesel, I've test driven and ordered the 1.9 sporting, and although (quite obviously) not as quick, its not bad, its certainly every bit as quick as the new Seat Leon Diesel and I've compared it to the Seat Ibiza FR, and the stats are the same.
A couple of things drew me to the Fiat over the Seat.
1. the Fiat is cheaper
2. You get more for your money
3. More comfortable drive
4. Cheaper insurance

My Leon Cupra was in group 12 insurance, 1.9 Grande group 6, what a saving.
(Got rid of my cupra by rolling it onto the roof, I really dont recommend doing that).

:slayer:

Make it 3, I've had a Leon Cupra and a Fabia vRS and am now waiting for delivery of a Grande Punto Sporting.

Read this months Auto Italia - it has a very good write up about the Multijet Sporting.

Critical in many ways but I seem to share his opinions.

Mine arrives on Monday 3rd April :)

Haven't driven a Fabia, (nor a GP yet), but my old Punto was way better than the Polo I did have for a week. So the GP ought to be miles better than any VAG small car, IMHO.

Back