Technical Grande Punto Headlight

Currently reading:
Technical Grande Punto Headlight

ollie1631

Hi all,

I got a new Grande Punto 1.4 active in chemical grey last month and am getting on with it well. Only issue I have being I hit a pheasant at speed last week no external damage to the car although I noticed one of the headlights at the front appeared loose. When I opened up the bonnet I saw that one of the plastic brackets that holds the light in place had broken. How much are Fiat likely to charge for a new headlight and to fit it? Cheers for your help.

Ollie

or if your handy with a few tools

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/172504-changing-head-lights.html

https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto-guides/172501-front-bumper-removal.html

assuming yours are teh standard silver headlamps they can be had for £94+VAT but best to ring them first with your VIN number (either on your V5C form, under the little flap in the drivers footwell or the aluminium plate in teh left of your boot under the carpet.

(the newer ones use a different connection but not sure as to what date or if its only the sportings with the gray headlamps no doubt someone will clarify at some point)

if you donate (click on "Donate") you will unlock members offers on the home page and you will gain access to the shop4parts discount code getting you 10% off your order with shop4parts (y)

or you could upgrade to some abarth lights for £220-250

see the guides section, as ther is a guide to fitting headlights in there if your going to do it yourself.. Though it says you have to remove the entire front bumper - which isn't correct you nearly have to remove it, just do one side at a time and you can pull away the corner you are working on.. much easier than taking it completely off, then tryinh to gett it lined up again once uve re fitted it.

I had same problem when a car backed into mine, it snapped the brakets on both lights. See your local bodyshop and ask if they can plastic weld them on, gains you a little time, can hold as strong as normal as well, and cheaper than new lights.
Just a option i did until i got new lights!

What is the difference in appearance between an Abarth headlight and a normal GP one? I have searched and can't find a picture of one.

Back