Tuning Grande punto abarth SS kit

Currently reading:
Tuning Grande punto abarth SS kit

lambros

Hi guys, i am looking for the complete SS kit for my 59 GPA...most of the dealers can supply the SS kit for Punto evo Abarth which doesnt include the Garrett 1446,downpipe, injectors...so is quite rare that days?can anybody advice where to search and approaximately the price of the kit?

That was true back to 2010, but afterwards they released SS kit and for sure all the parts of it!

that's obvious....its quite rare...but my initial question implied also if its possible to order it somehow from a main dealer/garaze....Punto evo abarth ss kit includes almost everything expect of the 1446 turbo will oil and water pipes,manifold, injectors+some other larger pipes going to air filter...all these can be found easily as spare parts but the cost will be double! on the other hand, i am not willing to exchange my Abarth for an SS because i bought it 1 month ago and still enjoying it! :)

As they don't make the AGP anymore it's very unlikely that you could order it...
I believe the kit was around the £2200-£2400 mark so fairly costly

A fair bit cheaper to go the exhaust, remap, etc route to get you up to the SS power you want.

Well i prefer factory default solution...either more reliable or great value for my car (which is already quite rare in UK)

I know what you mean, i'd rather have the kit than changing everything individually. Unfortunately it would hardly effect the resale value. I see SS's go for cheaper than the standard car, which is a shame considering my SS has 4k of extras over the standard AGP, I may be lucky to get an extra £500-£750 more than a standard AGP when I sell and i'll get a rubbish offer for a trade in as most don't know the differences and how exclusive it is.

Well, If you invested such amount of money for the kit...it's better to keep your car and not sell it...that's another point...we spend time,money and huge effort to keep our cars in mint condition!

I bought the last one, if there was another I would already have it, people underestimate the SS upgrade, there are about 197 parts changed, this includes little bits like bolts

the wheels and suspension are part of the Assetto kit, still listed as a part but the engine mods of the SS kit are long gone, as noted above, the Evo kit will not bring you the big turbo and associated bits and pieces

if you found an SS kit its not a problem fitting it outside the 12 month limit, just won't get a warranty

only resl option is to buy an SS

I bought the last one, if there was another I would already have it, people underestimate the SS upgrade, there are about 197 parts changed, this includes little bits like bolts

the wheels and suspension are part of the Assetto kit, still listed as a part but the engine mods of the SS kit are long gone, as noted above, the Evo kit will not bring you the big turbo and associated bits and pieces

if you found an SS kit its not a problem fitting it outside the 12 month limit, just won't get a warranty

only resl option is to buy an SS

The Evo essesse kit have fewer parts because the engine is not the same.
The original T-Jet has 155BHP and no multair engine head. The Multi air 1.4 has 165BHP and another turbo.

To upgrade to 180BHP the T-Jet need a new map and turbo change, the Multi air just a new map.
These engines are a little bit different, the T-Jet is more "revy" and the Multi Air is more "torqy"

But both have 180 bhp and both Grande Punto and Evo EsseEsse are great upgraded sports cars :)

Back