Technical Grande Punto 2009 Wiper Fault

Currently reading:
Technical Grande Punto 2009 Wiper Fault

Lavaquake

Hello everyone,

I thought id give this a go to try and solve a rear wiper issue that has recently started happening on my 2009 1.4 T-Jet Abarth Grande Punto.

When turning my ignition on, the rear wiper activates for about three strokes and then stops randomly in the middle of the window. I've recently had new stalks put in from the dealership as my indicators weren't operating correctly. This was covered by them as I've only had the car a few months.

The dealership has been an absolute nightmare, keeping my car for crazy amounts of time in the past and not fixing any of the issues it developed i.e Steering lock failure, gearbox bearing worn, indicator stalks. It took them about 2 months of it being constantly in the garage for them to fix these issues... Either way its sorted now, at their expense!

Taking all this into account, i'm certainly not sending it back to the garage for them to mess around with for another month. I'm quite DIY and not afraid to try and fix this wiper issue myself. I recently bought a 120 piece toolkit from Halfords so i'm not short on tools!

From what I've read on other posts, some people have suggested it could be the motor or wiper park sensor. While some say the wiring from the rear to the front could of came loose or been damaged

Thanks guys!

Luke

I had similar problems with my back wiper. It works faultlessly when I reverse with the front wipers on (which automatically turns the back wiper on), but- when I use the switch on the stalk to operate the back wiper sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't sometimes it works when its actually off... The only way I have found out to stop it working when the switch is off is to reverse with the front wipers on (which will turn the back wiper on) and when I stop reversing the wipers stop. I just don't turn them on ever now. Not worth the hassle...

Thanks for the reply guys. I've kinda learnt to live with the problem "for now" haha. When i get some spare time ill check the wiring looms and the ground (y)

Luke

Back