General grande punto 1.9 sporting test drive

Currently reading:
General grande punto 1.9 sporting test drive

garytheobald

hi does anybody know anywhere up north where they will let me try a grande punto 1.9 sporting for more than 20 minutes ideally for a day, the reason is because ive never owned a car like this and diesel before( tvr cerbera lotus elise bmw 745 and present mazda rx8 to name a few) so id like a really good try as i fancy a small economical but quick car for a change and the gp looks ace and you guys seem to rave about them i have up to 15k to spend so any ideas would be appreciated many thanks

I live in the lakes, if you are close enough, PM me, bring your liscence with you, and I'd be happy for you to have a go in mine :) I know some cracking roads around here :) (y)

foxfield in wigan have 2 demonstrator sportings i think, mainly because the staff their loved them, and they let me have it for 2 hours when i wanted an extended test drive

well all my test drives have lasted about 10 minutes, not very long considering you're going to be spending £12k with them or in the case of the meggy, £16k!!!!!! lol...

But then again unless you drive it for days/week you wouldn't be able to pick up on any potential problems. A test drive at best just gives a comparable feel of the car against other models?

well all my test drives have lasted about 10 minutes, not very long considering you're going to be spending £12k with them or in the case of the meggy, £16k!!!!!! lol...

But then again unless you drive it for days/week you wouldn't be able to pick up on any potential problems. A test drive at best just gives a comparable feel of the car against other models?

I'd say you'd want at least half an hour in a car if you're going for a test drive. Let's you relax, get used to the bite etc. and start to really feel how the car handles.

Having said that I bought my GP Sporting after driving Jetweed's for about 5 minutes! It didn't take much to convince me :p :D

Back