Grande Punto Grande Punto 1.4 16v sporting

Currently reading:
Grande Punto Grande Punto 1.4 16v sporting

jodz

Hi All

Have just brought a Grande Punto 1.4 16V Sporting - lovely looking car but doesn't seem to have much power.

Seems quite nippy in town, but when on the motorway, doesn't seem to want to go over 60 mph !!

Any ideas !!

Small petrol engined cars often feel out of their depth on the motorway. Assuming its reluctance to go over 60 is just hyperbole then that's just the way it is in most superminis.

Hi All

Have just brought a Grande Punto 1.4 16V Sporting - lovely looking car but doesn't seem to have much power.

Seems quite nippy in town, but when on the motorway, doesn't seem to want to go over 60 mph !!

Any ideas !!

Hi jodz. Try posting your query in the GP section https://www.fiatforum.com/grande-punto/
It'll be seen by more fellow GP owners, some of whom may have experienced and resolved similar issues.
Do you have any warning lights showing?
Some people think that a 1.4 16V is a slow car, but my wife has a Micra 1.4 :yuck: but that absolutely flies and it certainly doesn't struggle to get past 60. This comparison suggests to me that there is definitely a problem with the car that needs to be investigated.

How very helpful :rolleyes:

Hi

Thanks for replying. Have transferred the thread to the forum you suggested

No warning lights are showing.

I had an 02 plate 1.4 skoda before the fiat and that was fine on the motorway. Think I may have to take it back to the garage for them to have a look at !

(Hope my spelling mistake didn't offend !!!!!) lol

Back