General grande pricing announced

Currently reading:
General grande pricing announced

Spell it right son, spell it right.

Capitol Grrr and an eeeeeeeeeee on the end and then a capitol Peeeeee

:worship: :worship: :worship: Grande Punto:worship: :worship: :worship:

Watch your TV, talk that the launch may be pushed back from 11th Feb to the end of Feb and coincide with a relaunch of Croma!!!

You aint seen me......Roooight(y)

Gosh, you chaps have been throwing all of your rattles out the pram :p

For what it's worth, I couldn't give a monkies if it has or hasn't got rain sensitive wipers (they are always on the Mondeo's I hire in Germany and while they are useful I don't think they will change the course of man), but I am confused as to why Fiat thinks slapping £20 on the bill for a locking fuel cap is acceptable.

However, the pricing is keen and I for one think it will be a roaring success. Fiat does small cars so well and with the Grande Punto and the Panda they will be back in the black in no-time. Even the Active does well on the specification-level. Once Fiat dealers start chucking £500 into the deal it will be a steal. Had I not bought the A2 last year I would be straight in there getting a 1.3 16v Dynamic multijet 5dr ;)

And for what it's worth, the last Clio was a lovely little car but the new one is a shed. Ugly, uncharismatic, rubbish interior (too chunky without real susbstance) and free of all the gaul the old Clio had. I'd save my wedge and by a Clio Campus rather than the new one...

mathew said:
within the last hour fiat.co.uk/grandepunto has been updated so that the build your car link works, and you can see the prices!

1.4 Active Sport 8,495.00

Ugh! I'm not happy. :bang: Just last week I ordered a new Punto (Mk2) Active Sport not realising that there'd be a Grande Active Sport for that price... advice people! :eek:

I don't doubt that, as would I if I did have such wipers. However, an awful lot of people like such facilities and to not be standard on the top of the range new model is somewhat odd IMO.

But it's more than that, I was using it as an example regarding the fact that quite a few things are left as options on the top model.

I can see Negotiator's point. Why not just throw it in for the hell of it?

Then again, I'm not too fussed myself. Guess we're missing the big picture here though. From a business point of view, the GP is cheaper to buy as standard, therefore adding another £100 in options on a locking fuel cap and rain sensors, isn't going to break the bank. I haven't compared the two in regards to what one can do and the other can't, so I am very much open to attack here. However it is all dependant on consumer desires.

If you want headlights to turn when you turn a corner, buy the Renault Clio.
If you don't have that £600 for what the Clio offers or can't justify it, buy the Grande Punto.

JTD Monkey said:
I am confused as to why Fiat thinks slapping £20 on the bill for a locking fuel cap is acceptable.
I saw that, and though :eek:. I know the Panda's have been coming without, so at least it's nice to see it as an option, but it should be standard equipment still. I know the tanks are all anti-siphoning (sp?), but with a locking cap nobody can drop/pour anything else in!

The problem with options is that a lot of cars are sold as the basic model, at least the pre-registered ones, so buying anything other than brand new do you have a good chance of getting the auto wipers (if you think you need them), or locking fuel cap. It just makes the price look good initially, to tempt in a buyer before speccing it up with must have items. To me it seems Fiat are therefore trying to get people in on lower price and buying, and then the price goes back up. I'd still be interested in on though...

Last edited:
That's my point! ^^^^ Thanks, you put it in a way which isn't attacking of the punto :)

Anyway, the actual flap locks right? Or is there no flap? When I saw that as an option I thought it meant like a second locking device (open the 'lockable' flap and then use key on the fuel cap, less chance of losing/forgetting about it). If not, that's crazy....

I had a go of my mates Clio 02 reg the other day. Was 'orrible! Really clunky and had a very cheap feel to it. Nothing like the build I've grown to expect from Fiats.

Can't wait to see one. I'd say size wise isn't it more around the Megane size? I know which one I'd have... And it wouldn't have much in common with Beyonce..

As for the auto wipers. I'd hate the car to have them. Seems a fair cost to cover the administration of fitting them. A nominal fee if you will.

Not sure where you got the idea of the Fabia VRS being the first performance diesel... granted popular but Fiat made the Tipo TDSX years ago and nobody noticed :( - except at the lights when the big black teapot left many wondering. :)

Anyway back to the Grande Punto. Really hope its a winner for Fiat, and those of you who buy them new look after them. I'll be after one in a few years time :p

Back