General grande pricing announced

Currently reading:
General grande pricing announced

Go buy a bloody Renault Negotiator. Fiat have come up with a bloody cracking car! The press love it, the dealers love it and it seems plenty of potential owners love it. So do us all a favour and let us enjoy this small amount of enthusiasm and excitement, and shut up about bloody Renaults. This is the equivalent of England winning the world cup, Londons Olympic Bid coming through and Red Rum winning the National from beyond the grave. Well Done FIAT:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

Bob in disguise said:
Well look at the eleganza model and look at the kit you get on that, even if you dont get rain sensitive wipers, you get very good kit for your money imo :p

Plus all the clios model equivelents are more expensive than the same punto version. Some might say how can fiat give you a 1.9 mjtd sporting for £11900 but yet renault offer the 105bhp dci or what ever it is for over £12k? Plus its a renault so i wouldnt touch it after the experience i've had with the damn cars and vans! (n)

There's very little difference between the clio III and the punto III remember, in terms of pricing you pay a little more for the clio because it's not a Fiat.

Renault also still feel that for the real performance, people want a petrol, hence why they only use the 1.5dci engine in the clio III (up to 106bhp) and not the dci (130bhp). Wonder if that will change in the future.

NumanR said:
Go buy a bloody Renault Negotiator. Fiat have come up with a bloody cracking car! The press love it, the dealers love it and it seems plenty of potential owners love it. So do us all a favour and let us enjoy this small amount of enthusiasm and excitement, and shut up about bloody Renaults. This is the equivalent of England winning the world cup, Londons Olympic Bid coming through and Red Rum winning the National from beyond the grave. Well Done FIAT:slayer: :slayer: :slayer:

It's a forum....discussions happen....."deal with it".

I was mearly pointing out things that should be standard on the top of the range model.

Bob in disguise said:
I think the fabia Vrs proved that there is a market for higher performance diesel hatches it wouldnt surprise me to see a clio sporty diesel, id still take the punto just on looks alone though :eek:

Oh yeah, I definitely agree that there is a market and as you say, the VRS range proved that. Unfortunately I don't make their business decisions ;)

I am impressed that Fiat have used the mjtd, it's a surprise after they have been so slow in offering the better diesels in the stilo and the fact that the panda receives only the under powered diesels.

LOL I am dealing with it mate, dont worry about being a moaning minny, when you drive her you will want one even more. Has the top of the range one got pressure sensing valves on the tyres? Has the top of the range one got a hair dryer? Has the top of the range one got a butler that wakes you up and serves you a nice piece of toast for breakfast? NO. Its a car that will clear up my friend, you are looking at the car that will make Fiat cars envied again. Petrol engines have reached their limits regarding power and emmission rules, there just isnt that much left to do with them, the real future of small powerful cars is diesel turbos. Its good that Grande Punto will be ahead of the game.

And I hope it does do well for Fiat, no doubt about that. However, it will always be compared with the clio III since both are well established names and both took a size increase from their predecessors etc. etc.

So far they seem very equally matched, I have had a sit in the clio III (not driven/been driven in) and was very impressed, but that means nothing on its own.

All I'm saying is... nice! And I still haven't had any info about what company cars I can get, so fingers crosed the Grande Punto could be an option ;)

Youre obssessed with money Stu:D

The reason, clios shift is the advertising that has been done over the years. Grande Punto advertising is the first real campaign Fiat has had for years, people are bored with Renault, they are bored with Vauxhall. They will love Fiat. I tell you what guys, sales of Stilo will be up soon because of all the new visitors to Fiat dealers in February, and we might even sell a Croma:D

Back