Grand National

Currently reading:
Grand National

£50 betted across seven horses as usual.
£5 of that placed on CorD @ 13/1
£20 profit. Can't grumble :)

Dragging up an old thread :D

Anyone having a go on the National today? :)

yes picked 5 nags

The package, black apalachi, mon mere, irish raptor, tricky trickster

£1 e/w

Cant do any worse than last year - 4th, fell, fell, pulled up, shot dead

I did well last year. Can't remember the names, but the 2 horses I backed each way came in. The one I picked to win finished... without a jockey :D

Comply or Die, Hello Bud, The Package, Dream Alliance, Niche Market and Don't Push it for me! :) I forgot I did Black Apalachi too!

Me, Mum and Step-dad spent £20 each. :) So we decided to sign up to a bookies online and take advantage of the 100% match bonus and get an extra £10. :D

Last edited:
OK - bets placed :D

Singles

• Comply Or Die - win
  • Royal Rosa - each way
  • Dream Alliance - each way
  • Mon Mome - each way
Group

• Arbor Supreme, Comply Or Die, Madison Berlais, Pablo Du Charmil, The Package - to complete the race

I've had.......

1 Joe Lively @ 100/1 Stake: 1.00 Single Potential Winnings: 100.00
2 Big Fella Thanks @ 10/1 Stake: 1.00 Single Potential Winnings: 10.00
3 Tricky Trickster @ 18/1 Stake: 1.00 Single Potential Winnings: 18.00
4 Comply Or Die @ 20/1 Stake: 1.00 Single Potential Winnings: 20.00
5 Mon Mome @ 14/1 Stake: 1.00 Single Potential Winnings: 14.00

And picked 2 horses at work in the sweep stake, but forgot who, one was comply or die, I forget the other :confused:

Oh well, good luck all(y)

Well let me be the first to say what the f*k was that?!

The winner was nowhere to be seen for the first 25 fences, he just appeared out of nowhere.

I guess Comply or Die died. Dream Alliance, disappeared. Big Fella Thanks FOR NOTHING. I never realised his jockey was replaced at the last minute. Then Pablo Du Charmil took a dive half way 'round.

Figured I'd take a risk as saved bit of money on MOT this year.

My GG's came 1st, 2nd and 5th, total stake on winning GG's 9.00, return, £60.50! :D

Attachments

• Winnings.JPG
    Winnings.JPG
    21.8 KB · Views: 21
What's with the start as well, totally shambolic, I thought they used gates. Then on the second start they all just crept forward even though they were being told to wait once they were off there was a moment when people weren't sure if it was a false start.

What's with the start as well, totally shambolic, I thought they used gates. Then on the second start they all just crept forward even though they were being told to wait once they were off there was a moment when people weren't sure if it was a false start.

Grand National has never had gates? :confused: Far too many runners to have gates, it's just a free for all tbh! :)

The horses was creeping, not the jockeys, even though they are "supposed" to be in control, would you like to try and control a "beast" such as a horse?

Just take King John's Castle for example! :D

I had 3 picks and they came 1st, 4th and 5th. I put the money with paddy power and they pay out on 5th, which is nice.

Phil.

yes picked 5 nags

The package, black apalachi, mon mere, irish raptor, tricky trickster

£1 e/w

Cant do any worse than last year - 4th, fell, fell, pulled up, shot dead

pulled up, 2nd, fell, fell, 8th

Yep did as well as last year

Well at least none died this year, unlike Plaisir d'Estruval and Prudent Honour in the racing yesterday.

Oh well, as long as everyone gets to show off their fancy clothes, get pissed and bet money a few horses having their necks broken don't matter.

3:20 for those who want to see where their money goes.

[nomedia="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5AsDmZ8Aps"]YouTube- Grand National 2010 John Smiths Topham Chase[/nomedia]

Back