Technical GP sub woofer HELP

Currently reading:
Technical GP sub woofer HELP

i am taking delivery of a 14.16v dynamic sport gp . just waiting for it to land at bristol.

at present i have a sony head unit 50 x 4 with a 800w sony xplod sub in the boot of a brava 14. 12v.
my sony head unit can turn the sub level up and down and even off.
does the gp blue and me have the same option.
so i can just select through from say balance to fader to sub.
so i dont have to get a seperate control in order to lower or higher my sub.
no one wants 800watts of bass all the time even when my head units volume is on very low say volume setting 1 my sony sub shakes the ground.
i guess from what i read i will have to cut into the rear speaker wires and take low pass signal from there if there is no sub out on the gp head unit.
and make a switchable power lead to the sub switch .
must then remember to turn off it when leaving car.
if head unit has no sub volume control built in then a simple volume switch can be fitted to the subs input leads but means running wires up front to dash board.

from what i read it looks like this is what i will have to do.

i could have ordered the sub with car but forgot and was told a new car would have to be ordered if i wanted it now. i cant wait that long.
any way does any one the exact model number of the blue and me head unit.

so i know what to expect.

thanks in advance.

" Please hurry up fiat i want my grande like yesterday. my brava's about to die.......

Sorry bit slow to get to this thread but this might be of help....

...behind the dash on drivers side is a connector that has a branch coming off it that feeds the sub.Here is 7 wires,battery live,earth,switched live (turning amp on) from audio unit (aerial out) & 4 speaker wires taken from splice joints at the two rear speakers (2+ & 2-) therefore if your car hasnt got these I would think its possible to wire up the sub but it would mean running 6 wires to the rear of the car.

Anyone know the location of this connector. I've had a quick look and i cant see anything.

i am not sure how to get to it, but if you have a newer version it is very hard to wire the standard sub woofer up, as the first cars came with the connector anyway i think.

sorry for the late reply. I am still really impressed with my sub. I will get some pics up tomorrow and anyone wanting a fitting guide or more info pm me again and i will help. Not being on for ages, sorry!!!

To be honest it's not rocket science to wire an after market sub up!!!

Back