Technical GP sub woofer HELP

Currently reading:
Technical GP sub woofer HELP

Blaupunkt Active Sub

Hi there,

I don't have the sub in my car but really want to fit one now. I have looked into the standard Fiat supplied sub and looks like it's a lot of work with the wiring.

I found this sub http://www.bluespot.co.uk/stock/spkr0_2.asp and am wondering if it will be easy to install as no remote power required, just power, ground, and speakers. There is a block on the amp to plug all this in as well, does anyone know if the headunit has this on the rear of it?

bigpic.asp

Many thanks

Alex

Re: Blaupunkt Active Sub

Blaupunkt tend to use the same connecors through the range. I would email bluespot, they are really helpfull, I have spent quite a bit of cash with them in the past.

Thats interesting T. So the signal isn't decoded seperately from the head unit? I want to put the Fiat sub in my sporting now just for that extra bit of sound quality. I had previously thought this to be impossible as i would need a new head unit...but if it is taken from the rear speakers then an add on factory sub unit would be much simpler and cheaper than previously thought. Can anyone explain how this could be done? i.e does anyone actually understand how they have wired up the car as i was told by someone that all the cables for the stereo go to a box under the steering wheel and then from there the speakers are fed. Is this true?

cheers guys

Look through this forum (GP) section...I wrote about it somewhere..........just cant remember what thread it was :eek: It uses the rear speaker feed from connector o/s underdash from memory.

T , i've searched every where and can't find the thread your refering to

I still think this blaupunkt sub would be the easiest way to install a sub. It just crimps into the speaker wires on the back of the headunit from my understanding, and also takes the power and ground from the headunit. Just pop it under one of the seats as it's really thin and should be a good setup.

Think I'm going to order one so will let you know how I get on and what it's like!

Alex

Sorry bit slow to get to this thread but this might be of help....

...behind the dash on drivers side is a connector that has a branch coming off it that feeds the sub.Here is 7 wires,battery live,earth,switched live (turning amp on) from audio unit (aerial out) & 4 speaker wires taken from splice joints at the two rear speakers (2+ & 2-) therefore if your car hasnt got these I would think its possible to wire up the sub but it would mean running 6 wires to the rear of the car.

Can you give me a bit more info on it's exact location please mate. What exactly am I looking for? I have ordered a sub and need to locate this so I can fit the sub to it. I am going to put the sub under one of the seats so shouldn't need to run cables to the rear.

because some people want decent sounds which look factory fitted, not everyone wants a boomy space killing sub over a punchy sub which fits perfectly in an OEM space

there is such thing as a volume control on them, so they suit everyone and is it doesn't make much difference what is the point?????

Back