Technical GP sub woofer HELP

Currently reading:
Technical GP sub woofer HELP

Hi everyone.
I just need some help. I have been in my Fiat dealer today and asked them about subwoofer (how much to buy). And i been told its gonna cost me £62. Wich is I think its very good price.
The question is, does anyone know if wiring inside boot. I got GP Sporting 1.9
I tryd to find but i cant remove carpets from boot. Have anybody checked.
Please help me. I need so urgently. :worship:
Thank you for support

on another note, do you have the part number for the sub as i'd like to order it and don't want to be quoted silly prices...i also need to have my panels stripped to see if the wiring loom is there for it..(getting it done at next visit to dealer)

I been in dealer today, they said that they going to email Fiat, to find out if is wiring loom there. On next visit i will ask them part number.
Anyway if you will find wiring loom before me, could you just let us know.
Thanks.

I asked the same question at my local fiat dealers and they were about to order the sub for me when one of the technicians cames out and told me it couldnt be retro fitted as there is no wiring for it and the speakers in the car are also wired differently. (I guessed he meant low pass for sub and high pass frequencies for other speakers).
But if you find out different then tell us on here as I was real dissapointed when I found I couldnt have it so if it turns out I can then nice one! (y)

Also be aware of any extra costs for plugs and wiring and screws and maybe even a bracket to hold the sub in place. When told i couldnt hacve the sub I ordered the armrest instead which was £60 odd +vat for the armrest alone but with all the extra bits required for it to fit it came to £140!!! :eek:

There is a great thread about retro fitting the sub here. It's in Italian but you can use altavista to translate it. As far as I understand it depends on the version of the Blaupunkt radio you got. The newer version doesn't have the wire in the boot (newer I guess means the one with mp3). I haven't had a chance to read trough all the 26 pages. Also has some pictures so you can recognize the wire you should have.

I stripped my panel on right handside today, and could not find any wiring in there. It was only two wires, which goes to taillights.
I still waiting for my dealer.

To be honest i wouldnt even bother with the GP Sub i got miself a Fusion Sub for 110 quid package with amp and it does far enough for me can hear me coming a mile off ;)

I got free instalation with it cus i know a garage but im sure it wouldnt cost over 30 quid. Boot space aint really an issue the grande has a big boot compared to the older models and i can still fit alot of stuff in the boot. Having it Just makes it sound alot better :D (y)

Blaupunkt tend to use modular cabling. The sub lead will probably fit with a block conector on the back of the radio and then on to the sub. The wiring should be simple, was on my old mk2 and its the same kind of set up, cannot see any reason why it wont be any different now. If the cable comes with the sub, then you will be laughing, if not www.bluespot.co.uk should be able to help with a cable. Whip the radio out and see ifr you can see the conectors, (wont be labeled, but will have lots of pins) if you want to compare wiring with mine (factory fitted sub) PM me.

Blaupunkt tend to use modular cabling. The sub lead will probably fit with a block conector on the back of the radio and then on to the sub. The wiring should be simple, was on my old mk2 and its the same kind of set up, cannot see any reason why it wont be any different now. If the cable comes with the sub, then you will be laughing, if not www.bluespot.co.uk should be able to help with a cable. Whip the radio out and see ifr you can see the conectors, (wont be labeled, but will have lots of pins) if you want to compare wiring with mine (factory fitted sub) PM me.

Hi can you do me a huge favour Vindi? I bought my GP without the damn sub and i want it! I have pulled out my head unit and had a look but i don't have the block connector that you mentioned. They must supply a different head unit if you go for the sub as i just have a plastic cover instead of the pins. Do you reckon if i bought the head unit that you have, i could install it instead of mine and then get the sub? Could you please tell me the part no of your head unit?
Cheers:)

Sorry bit slow to get to this thread but this might be of help....

...behind the dash on drivers side is a connector that has a branch coming off it that feeds the sub.Here is 7 wires,battery live,earth,switched live (turning amp on) from audio unit (aerial out) & 4 speaker wires taken from splice joints at the two rear speakers (2+ & 2-) therefore if your car hasnt got these I would think its possible to wire up the sub but it would mean running 6 wires to the rear of the car.

Sorry bit slow to get to this thread but this might be of help....

...behind the dash on drivers side is a connector that has a branch coming off it that feeds the sub.Here is 7 wires,battery live,earth,switched live (turning amp on) from audio unit (aerial out) & 4 speaker wires taken from splice joints at the two rear speakers (2+ & 2-) therefore if your car hasnt got these I would think its possible to wire up the sub but it would mean running 6 wires to the rear of the car.

Thats a huge help T14086! Cheers:)

yeah it plays mp3 tracks if thats what you mean and i have blue and me cos its a sporting. But it doesn't have mp3 written on it.

Back