Technical GP Sub fitment

Currently reading:
Technical GP Sub fitment

SFMk2

Hey all, just a quick one. Fitting a fli trap sub in a GP today to an after market head unit.

Anyone have a clue where the grommet is for getting the 12v through the bulkhead?:confused:

Thanks alot in advance!

SFMk2.:)

Im sure its on the passenger side somewhere...

I know that but where exactly? On the Mk2 and Mk1 its REALLY easy to find....we cant find anywhere on the GP. Maybe its behind the plastic grille under the window???

Anyone???

Sorted it! found the grommet really easy under the plastic grille thing!
Coathanger and a load of tape (y)

Now its just a case of how the hell do you fit an aftermarket stereo in that hole? The metal case on the sony HU wont fit in the GP slot :confused:

Just had to leave it sliding about for now.:bang:

Your car must sound like its farting all the time now with Fli audio :)

Cheeky git :yum:

It aint my car It's a mates. But i have the same sub in mine! Works a treat for the money i paid. Only £90 and its an active 12".

Cheap and Cheerful, huh? lol

Yeah, cheap and cheerful. Packs a punch though and its good enough to start out with. I had a low budget and low knowledge of subs and amps. Now, having fit 5 or so systems im a bit better. I may replace the sub this year with something ludacris but...

Works for me ;)

if the cage doesn't fit then normally it just slips in the hole left by the previous stereo...so dunno what's goin on there...have you got it the right way round? :p

Fli audio isn't bad tbf...although i'd agree that JBL are the dogs for the money...another one to watch is rockford fossgate...awesome! :D

If you've got money though....rainbow ftmfw!

Cheeky git :yum:

It aint my car It's a mates. But i have the same sub in mine! Works a treat for the money i paid. Only £90 and its an active 12".

mine blew up after like 4 weeks lol

still got it in my garage

Back