General Got the Stilo Back!

Currently reading:
General Got the Stilo Back!

Got it back this morning, everythings ok with it now (bar fitting new drop links). It ended up fiat put another gearbox in it, making that its third box.

The dilema i have now is me and miss BBS maybe buying a house this year, so do I sell it or keep it?

If i did sell it im looking at Focus TD or Honda Civic (new shape if cheap enough) or something the same/similar insurance group and running costs.(oh and to keep PNL happy- 5 doors!)

Now i dont like the look of the focus past and present, inside and out, and i'll be only buying one as my mate has had a few and nothing ever went wrong with them. People have them at work and they dont break. But i know i would never be happy with the car as it isnt something im raving for.

The Civic on the other hand is a bit pricey however its the same as the above. The only new cars I like really are the stilo(3dr) and alfas- but i dont want all this trouble again.

or should i just not bother ruining my chances of a mortgage and stick with ye olde unfathfull?

Better the devil you know than the devil you dont :devil: And yes I do mean the stilo :p Go on get a 5dr (y) great for when the patter of little feet happen :tempt:

Headlights are a sore point- one of mine went today- the passenger side, not impressed.
On the other hand its driving better than ever, and its gone really quiet to, gear change is bang on now which makes me think the last box was a dud from before it went in the car.
I'm so much impressed with the car after repair, but still a lack of trust, especially as it treated me to repairing the most fiddley part. I'm 80% sure about keeping it.
Saw a lupo 1.6GTi yesterday which despite its size, interested me no end, until my gay mate said i would look gayer than him in one of those. Still tempted though.

whilst its working (all bar passenger headlight) getting a new motor is kinda on the back burner at the moment.

If i lived closer to where i work, or was able to use public transport to get to work (in under 3 1/2 hours to do a 40 min car journey) id have a classic by now.

Followed an Alfa Brera through manchester on sunday, and kinda did a little sex wee

Back