General got one at last...

Currently reading:
General got one at last...

after considerable faffing and much discussion with Perrys, I've found a private light metallic blue Jan 2007 MJ with 5500 miles for £4250.. just had its second (!) dealer service and taxed until end of year.:) Can't really complain.
Finally looking forward to driving the things!:yum: Anyone want a turbodiesel sierra estate for £200?;)

Part ex-ing my MJ after a year of owner ship. Seems a waste as it's only covered 12000 miles and has 2 years warranty left! I just can't resist, i must have a 500 Abarth! (arriving Monday!)

Enjoy the MJ, fun little cars and apart from the 100HP, the MJ is the most powerful engine in the Panda range!

Why does everyone seem to p/x on here? surely these cars would go mega- easily advertsied privately?

What are they offering you on your MJ - favourable?

Why does everyone seem to p/x on here? surely these cars would go mega- easily advertsied privately?

Can't speak for those who are p/x'ing but my reason for going down the px route where possible is because it's so much simpler, especially if you're a one car household. :D

Chris

What are they offering you on your MJ - favourable?
Probably would sell privately quite easy, but not guaranteed and most people can't afford to buy the car they're looking at with out part ex-ing. I got offered £4200 for mine and said no, went to the other garage and they offered me £5100 so went for it! Probably couldn't have got much more privately as they're only £5995 brand new now for a MJ and i was happy considering it only cost £6300 brand new.

Probably would sell privately quite easy, but not guaranteed and most people can't afford to buy the car they're looking at with out part ex-ing. I got offered £4200 for mine and said no, went to the other garage and they offered me £5100 so went for it! Probably couldn't have got much more privately as they're only £5995 brand new now for a MJ and i was happy considering it only cost £6300 brand new.

That's a good trade in price you got there (well, second time round anyway!). Seeing as people seem to be trading in their Panda's for 500s/Abarths there should be quite alot of scope to get a better part-ex seeing as you'd be paying full price for the 500.

I was offered £7400 for my 1.2 Lounge with Cha Cha paint, ESP, privacy glass (10.5k on the clock and a with a curbed wheel) which I thought pretty good. Although they said it would drop a rediculous £600 if the car I was to order took longer than a month and they received my car in April.

Anywho, I've sold the car privately for £7500 to me parents - £5 more than the cost of the car I'm replacing it with. Happy days! :D

Last edited:
That's a good trade in price you got there (well, second time round anyway!). Seeing as people seem to be trading in their Panda's for 500s/Abarths there should be quite alot of scope to get a better part-ex seeing as you'd be paying full price for the 500.

I was offered £7400 for my 1.2 Lounge with Cha Cha paint, ESP, privacy glass (10.5k on the clock and a with a curbed wheel) which I thought pretty good. Although they said it would drop a rediculous £600 if the car I was to order took longer than a month and they received my car in April.

Anywho, I've sold the car privately for £7500 to me parents - £5 more than the cost of the car I'm replacing it with. Happy days! :D
No surprised there's no discounts at all, and won't be for a while on either the GP Abarth or the 500 Abarth, mainly due to high demand, and the fact that they're very expensive to produce in the first place, not to mention the fact that they're only making in the region of 1200 units a year! Thought there may have been a few discounts to be had on normal 500's by now, 1 year after it's release.

Back