General Got my new toy :)

Currently reading:
General Got my new toy :)

cojones

:)

That's the seller's picture, my camera phone isn't very good.

I need to polish a few rough edges, a couple cosmetic, a couple mechanic, but I'm very happy with it. It belonged bassy-alex.

Last edited:
Yeah, it's got 60's on the back and 50's on the front, not really bothered at the moment since the car runs great and sticks to the road like a limpet; will I encounter any problems running different wheel sizes back & front?

enjoy your Sei mate.
ive had mines nearly 3 years now and still love driving it.... and still spending money on it !! (by choice!)
about to get a 2nd car for the missus....a Meriva !! arrggghhhh !!!!

It's great fun, I still got my european sei sx and there is quite a difference in handling and acceleration. Very pleased so far.

Drawbacks on the UK car... there's no left foot rest (on the european this is on the wheel arch!!) and the wheel arch gets a bit in the way of the accelerator hehe

It's great fun, I still got my european sei sx and there is quite a difference in handling and acceleration. Very pleased so far.

Drawbacks on the UK car... there's no left foot rest (on the european this is on the wheel arch!!) and the wheel arch gets a bit in the way of the accelerator hehe

I fancy converting my shuey to left hand drive an getting it Polish registered cuz I'm sick of all the F*****g mobile speed cameras..:bang:

Try not speeding, then the cameras will not be a worry.

Cheers

D

At least 55% of the population "admit" to speeding so the figures in a real world are higher, more like 99%. The other 1% passed away at the wheel.

Alot of roads have had limits reduced to help increase profits.

Only 5% of accidents are speed related and happen in car parks.

The reason for speed reductions is so you can text safely.

Let he who hath not sinned cast the first stone!

Ouch!!!!! Who threw that?

FACT!
You have extremely far less chance of being caught driving around in a stolen/cloned car than being caught speeding in your own fully legal car.

Last edited:
lol stop whining mate, the rules are the rules. Speed limits also enforce better fuel economy. Not sure about the UK, in Spain they were enforced in the 70's during the petroleum crisis.

There is also people whose driving skills are crap. You may drive like Schumacher at 100mph but other people can't and try to, resulting in deaths galore - driving too fast on bends in B roads, driving too fast in puddles etc.

In town, driving over 30mph is mad. People have cats, they lurk the streets. Kids may appear suddenly on the road going after a football. You may go over a blind bend just to find a child on a bike.

Looks like a really nice Abarth (y).

I don't think you'll get any problems with the different sizes front and back as you have them now. If it were the other way around, with the 60s on the front, then obviously the rolling radius of the wheel would be greater and throw the speedo accuracy out.
I guess the last owner got sick of looking for 175/50 tyres, gave up and got the 60s? I think the only 175/50s you can get new are Pirelli P6000 which I have on all four and are superb. I know some people run 185/50 which is as close as you can get although I don't know if the 185s foul the suspension arms without spacers?

bassy-alex actually fitted spacers in this car, for the wheels are 185 wide, so it's running 185/50/14 on the front and 185/60/14 on the back. I may change those 60's in a few months time for 50's mainly to avoid any rubbing with the wheel arches. I found the same yokos that are fitted on the front for around £68 each, will need to shop around though.

It's not an abarth, however it does have some abarth and schumacher bits all over the place. I don't know how bassy-alex managed to find those lol for example the gearstick cover is schumacher's I believe, as is the handbrake lever. And they look awesome!

Glad to know that the back tyres won't be a problem, cheers rosso!

Last edited:
By the way, I love that black thing you've got at the bottom of your bumper. Where can I get one from? lol

One of the cosmetic things that needs doing is to fit the bumper properly, it's probably been knocked a bit out of place at some point in the past. My local Fiat garage is, surprisingly, quite good for body work, and not too expensive.

It's a Seat Leon Cupra R splitter. Dirt cheap brand new from any Seat main dealer (about £17 ish). Does need a bit of modification to fit but looks awesome when fitted. I've written a lot of posts on this so if you look through my past threads/posts on my profile page you'll get some more info on it.

As far as I know I was the first one to fit this kind of splitter on a Sei (other Seat & Renault types have been done, but not this one), and if it's done right the shape of it, especially the centre part lines up with the Sei's bumper almost perfectly so it looks almost like a factory fit.

btw, you were lucky getting the Schumacher gearshift surround and handbrake cover as I'm lead to believe they're very rare as parts and even when they do come up for sale, they are mega bucks. Have you got the alloy pedals as well?

Last edited:
Excelente, will look for those posts.

About the pedals, unfortunately no :( they're just stock pedals.

Back