Got my new `floppy` wipers

Currently reading:
Got my new `floppy` wipers

M

MadGT

well guys i`ve got my new wipers and even tho i had to pick them up because royal mail never left a callin card behind to say they had tried to deliver, i fitted them but i`ve not tried them in the rain as yet only because there isnt any, lol
its not a good pic but here we are...
PICT0001.jpg

and heres the link for them on ebay, i think there reasonably priced,

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/FIAT-MAREA-NEW-FLAT-FUSION-WIPER-BLADES-23-19_W0QQitemZ330107971953QQihZ014QQcategoryZ10382QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

BRAVO, why settle for anything less.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
i love these wipers they work so well compared to the old wipers you will love them :D go to a car wash to simulate the rain hehe :D

I ordered mine a month ago and still nowt, another set were supposedly dispatched on Monday...grrr

could be royal mail messin about i had to pick mine up as i live about twenty mins away from them, handy i know but, and from what the company tells me that some wipers have gone missin before so this company that i got mine off have them recorded delivery

MadGT,

I've had mine a couple of weeks now and I still say they're the best wiper blades I've ever used, especially good is their performance in drizzle/road spray etc. Previous Bosch blades always smeared (annoyingly on drivers side), but these new type ones don't smear in any condition.
I'm certain you'll like them. Doesn't hurt that they look good too.

Cheers,
Stuart.

Hmm - the more I hear of these, the more I warm to the idea of getting them.

However, if you get the chance, could you (or anyone else) post a couple of pics to see how they look when against the screen?

Only thing putting me off at the moment is that I don't know if they'll look odd, compared to the usual ones ^^

"Only thing putting me off at the moment is that I don't know if they'll look odd" - you thin people will be looking at your wiper with an oddity like you behind the wheel ???

lol, only kidding Loose :)

puntomatt_search_sig.gif

Shakes head solemnly..

That was cold, Mattage...oh so cold...! :p

lol, I didn't know you were so sensitive!

Check out my new sig, only 5 months late :s

puntomatt_search_sig.gif

I dont like the way the wiper arms connect to the bracket, not such the way they connect but the overall look. Seems the middle bit is missing, the ones i have, have a big chucky centre.

Suppose thats what you get when you buy cheapo's.

BannerX.jpg

Designed by Italians, Driven by Enthusiasts

See my Ebay Items here.

I don't know about "cheapos" Joske.Have you checked their prices on their website? I have just bought a pair of Bosch but going by what the fellows say about these I think I'm having a pair asap

Well mine are made by Valeo, 'Valeo Silencio', they cost cough *cough* £27. :( Cheapest i found for good brands.

BannerX.jpg

See my Ebay Items here.

Hey Joske are they on the valeo website by any chance, i`ll give these a try for a while anyway since i wasn`t aware that valeo did these kind of wipers, £27 seems a bit steep but if they do a good job and last a long time i`ll keep them in mind for next time

No Valeo dont have them listed, they actually dont do a set for the Bravo yet, i mixed and matched. Got mine of fleabay.

BannerX.jpg

See my Ebay Items here.

Joske,

strange you think your Valeo's are better then the Fusions
because of the centre connection.
It was just that, and the fact they cost over a tenner more,
that put me off them.
I much prefer the Classic Fusions' centre connection. It
fits standard wiper arms perfectly and is much less visible
when driving (there being less of it).

Time will tell as to the longevity of the two makes. But the
Fusion's represent great performance at a reasonable price.
If they didn't exist I'd have bought Valeo's, but spending
£27 when you can get an alternative for £15.95 just doesn't
make sense to me.

Still, each to his own. One thing I'm sure we agree on is
how much better the "floppy" wiper blades are than standard.

Cheers,
Stuart.

I didn't say they were bad, i just stated they were cheapo's. With everything cheap, you get what you pay for. However i dont say the ones you have are any worse than mine.

I just got valeo because in the past cheap wipers never last, the rubbers always go hard. It had nothing to do with the centre part of the wiper that i bought Valeo ones, infact i had mine before Rob. That was just an observation about the centre part. LOL.

Buy yeah i will agree they are much better, aswell as they dont judder at speed.

BannerX.jpg

See my Ebay Items here.

Joske,

sorry mate, I didn't realise I was talking to a man of means. Anyone that thinks £15.95 for a pair of wiper blades is "cheapo" must be a damn site better off than I am.

As for quality, like I said time will tell, but being expensive is no guarantee that a blade will last longer.
Fact is the Valeo ones would need to last almost twice as long as the Classics to be as cost effective.

But you pays your money and takes your choice. I just reckon for most Bravo/a drivers £15.95 for wiper blades is anything but cheap, but worth it if you had problems with the "old" type blades. Especially as the Bosch Super Plus (with Spoilers) cost £13.95 and were rubbish on my Brava.

Stuart i think he means unbranded or not so well known makes as in cheap-o-nasty. I wouldn't skimp on anything really relating to my car either. £27 isn't that much money. Only seems alot because you've got cheap 'as in price' (just so you dont get confused) wipers. Afterall Fiat want something like £20 for O.E wipers. Valeo are a major car supplier so you pay the price for quality.

Stuart i suggest you sit back down and chill out. Enjoy your wipers. Nobody really cares.

Gav

To be fair I got my wiper blades before copies of these wipers existed, im talking months back now. I did pay £27 but that also included £4 carrier charges. If i collected from a shop it would of been £23 back then. But they have probably dropped in price nowadays anyway.

And yeah stuart as mentioned, cheapo means cheap o nasty, unbranded stuff with no idea of quality or reassurance of its quality guarantee.

Stuart i guess your a man who walks round with feathers in his pockets if you think £27 is alot of money. £27 to me isn't alot for knowing i have good quality blades that will last me a very long time. I'd sooner pay £27 once than keep replacing my £15 wipers every couple of months.

I've learnt in my life time that you get what you pay for, at the end of the day i will pay top price for a good quality clutch, brakes or sensors etc. From doing so i've never had repeatable problems. Thats the way i am and who i am.

BannerX.jpg

See my Ebay Items here.

Blimey !

Wiper snobbery.

I've seen it all now !

Rob
Marea Weekend 1.8 16v 115 ELX

lights.gif