General Got an invite to punto launch @ sunderland fiat!

Currently reading:
General Got an invite to punto launch @ sunderland fiat!

faster4_tec

Burninator of threads!
Went in to dealer today to buy a new gearknob and gaitor and would have cost me £61+ VAT told em where to stick it (put this way, an audi A6 genuine black leather gaitor is about £20.90!! inc VAT albeit the knob is £35+).

Anyway new punto was under a cover, asked to have a look and they let me, seems so much better built than anything before!! Even got a funky electric boot opener (boot is like new astra size, and its got a full size spare under it too), rear leg room in the 3dr looks **** poor though (n) and the door cards are a bit naff but then all models get a blaupunkt cd player and just overall a better car than previous puntos. Dashboard is so massive and A pillars slope at about 5degrees and have quarter lights to aid parking the massive thing!

Asked about prices and apparently the base model grande is £1 less than the base model active mk2b!! and a JTD 130 with sporting body kit etc (no extras, yet ;) ) would be about the £8,500-£9000 mark, so its still cheap aswell (a similary specced fiesta, well there isn't a 130bhp diesel in that for a start only a 85!!) would be £10,400 OTR

Anyway launch night is 12-13th feb at dealership and there should be one of each engine variant (launch models) for demonstating on the weekend, but will have to book em a while early I would think, and food drink etc!!!

Anyone fancy coming down?

Cool! I live in gateshead wouldnt mind having a look. Is this at the Reg Vardy Dealer on the Wessington By Pass A1231 (i think?)?

yup, its basically in washington, nestling between all of those roundabouts.

Got my letter thing today, tells me nothing except that you get entered into a compo for mountainbiking and kayaking vouchers (my two fav things) and thats dealer by dealer, not nation wide, so might stand somechance of winning something.

Oh and if anyone does win anything, related to above and they don't want to use em, I'll have em!!! Please I'm a poor student:eek:

faster4_tec said:
boot is like new astra size

No it isn't. The boot is 275 litres which is smaller than the Mk2/2b 5dr (295 litres) and about the same size as the Mk2/2b 3dr.

faster4_tec said:
and a JTD 130 with sporting body kit etc (no extras, yet ;) ) would be about the £8,500-£9000 mark,

No it isn't. The Sporting Multijet 130 is £11,895 before extras. The BASIC Active Multijet 75 is £8,495...

It seems that Fiat have gone for maximising interior space rather than boot space and fuel tank size. Seems a shame that they couldn't turn that extra 165mm length into a bit of passneger space, luggage space and fuel tank. Still the Eleganza's looking rather nice to me, although getting pricey with all the toys!

No invite for me, but I was thinking of going down the the local (awful) dealer anyway this weekend. Perhaps they will have a salesperson there for once...

I was spun lies on the cost side of things, I asked the sales***hole, and the above is what he said, hence my interest, I later read thru the broshure and sales palaler and found that sporting models basically start at £12,000 in either diesel or petrol.

as for the boot, well its bigger than a mk1 or mk2's so thats no bad thing. and the boot has to be bigger than my mates new astra coupe (either that or it doesn't look as big, or they are taking different measurements etc).

faster4_tec said:
as for the boot, well its bigger than a mk1 or mk2's so thats no bad thing. and the boot has to be bigger than my mates new astra coupe (either that or it doesn't look as big, or they are taking different measurements etc).

As I said above, the boot on the Mk2 and Mk2b is the same size (3dr) and bigger (5dr) than the Grande's boot. It's smaller than the arse-tra 3dr too...

Back