Technical Got A Stilo.............. BUT

Currently reading:
Technical Got A Stilo.............. BUT

got my new stilo active sport 1.6 16v and ive jus got an engine fault on it. it is due a service as well which in getting done ASAP at a dealer. but before i got the engine fault i got an airbag one, so i turned it off then back on again and now it says engine fault. could it jus be the airbag the caused the engine fault or could it be because its due a service?

HELP

thanks

Could be any one of a billion different things. Could be something - could be nothing (useful, me:p )

I reckon we should start running a book on what the fault turns out to be.

How many miles has the car covered?

Dan - just noticed the quote from Kay. Classic :slayer:

airbag fault is unrelated to engine fault, your just unlucky :p

does the car feel sluggish when the engine fault appeared?

Nope, no difference at all. this jus had 2 happen 2 me, ever since i told people im buyin a fiat they said stay away from fiat, FIAT=TOUBLE. at this minute im starting to believe it. could it be because its due a service? its on a 53plate and its dun 37000

Nope, no difference at all. this jus had 2 happen 2 me, ever since i told people im buyin a fiat they said stay away from fiat, FIAT=TOUBLE. at this minute im starting to believe it. could it be because its due a service? its on a 53plate and its dun 37000

It's most likely a coil on it's way out I should imagine. We've all been through it and it really is nothing to worry about. Takes about 5 minutes to do start to finish and that's if you take your time. Cost about £45ish for the coil.

Although, thinking about it, maybe it isn't that at all. I'm not sure if Fiat started using the much improved Champion coils rather than the original w@nky Sagem ones on newer cars. Hmmmmmmm.................

Anyway, to test the coil check the Stilo guides section (y)

more than likley the pressure sensor fault ! u need ecu reprogramme to fix , dealer could do that while in for service.

if light stays on steady not flashing u should be ok if light starts flashing u damage cat by contiuing!

if light stays on steady not flashing u should be ok if light starts flashing u damage cat by contiuing!

nar i i havent go no flashing light jus the engine managment one jus stays on. theres no difference wen driving the car at all so im hoping its the coil. does anyone kno how much fiat change them?

As you have a car with on board diagnostics now- EOBD2 - then invest (and i mean invest) in a fault code reader for reading off normal run of the mill fault codes.
MATHS TIME
A one time diagnostics at a garage £50-60.
Fault code reader for ever - no matter how many times = £30-£40
Hmmmm

Do a search on fault code readers

if it was a coil fault u would have a missfire ! so unlikely if car drivin ok !

"Which one do you use Decks ??"
I use laptop and bluetooth connection with a whole variety of programs but no one needs to go that mad

Most fault code readers around the £30 mark do the job of reading standard fault codes perfectly well these days

Although useful for reading some errors it should never be assumed that the error code is always the fault. The suspect component must be 'proved' to be faulty by back to basic checks of wiring etc

Absolutely. Sure beats guess work and changing expensive components in a process of elimination though.

Surprising just how many back street garages do just that.
"Fault code says this.. I'll see if I can order one for you for next week"

:confused:

Problem solved!! :D

took it to my mechanic and he hooked it up to his computer and it said the immobilizer confused (due to nephew turning the ignition on and off)the computer and through up the engine fault warning.
thank god for that.

thank you all for your replies

will post pics of my new baby soon

ever since i told people im buyin a fiat they said stay away from fiat, FIAT=TOUBLE. at this minute im starting to believe it.

Normally said by people who have never owned a fiat or did 30 years ago:rolleyes: Strange how Fiat have outperformed most other major manufactuer in last 3 years.Lets not also forget te 'shared' parts/floorpans/engines that alot of cars share these days;)

Problem solved!! :D

took it to my mechanic and he hooked it up to his computer and it said the immobilizer confused (due to nephew turning the ignition on and off)the computer and through up the engine fault warning.

mmmm not too convinced by that but if it works then great(y)

Back