google Maps

Currently reading:
google Maps

Was walking to the station this morning (central London) and saw a car with a big camera on a pylon driving about.

It had a google maps logo on the side.

im confused google maps is all aerial views.

do we think they are going to try and make a virtual type thing where you can go down roads and stuff?

or are they just pics of points of interest:confused:

Was walking to the station this morning (central London) and saw a car with a big camera on a pylon driving about.

It had a google maps logo on the side.

im confused google maps is all aerial views.

do we think they are going to try and make a virtual type thing where you can go down roads and stuff?

or are they just pics of points of interest:confused:
You not seen the virtual road tours then? Try and look at a few American cities.

There is a classic one with a girl turning to flash her boobs haha

EDIT - found one here, in Los Angeles

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&h...12&panoid=vYKugCuFWy17qNCigQQoIA&cbp=1,0,,0,5

You need to zoom into the Camera icon, to get a street view that you can move along....

Last edited:
You not seen the virtual road tours then? Try and look at a few American cities.

There is a classic one with a girl turning to flash her boobs haha

EDIT - found one here, in Los Angeles

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=q&h...12&panoid=vYKugCuFWy17qNCigQQoIA&cbp=1,0,,0,5

You need to zoom into the Camera icon, to get a street view that you can move along....
:yeahthat:

Its Streetview, they taking pics of the streets so you can be online stalked better ;)

They just released the Aussie version, I actually saw the car driving round town, but I havent been arsed to see if Im on it

my friends boyf used to work for a sat nav company and spent all his time driving around making sure the sat nav was up to date.

Instead of doing pointless crap like that I wish they would update their aerial mapping!!. Their aerial map of where I work is 18years old!!.

The one of where I live is about 7 years old. I can tell by the cars on my drive! I recognise my old Citroen AX GT that I bought in January 2001 and the Ford Cortina mkV Ghia that was sold in July 2001. So sometime between those dates they took an ariel picture of my area.

As for the street level view, I went and looked at all the places I stayed in the USA when I was over there. It was so weird to retrace my steps and take a route to the local Autozone car spares shop as if I was actually driving!

Last edited:
Back