General Goodbye little uno! :(

Currently reading:
General Goodbye little uno! :(

fiatunoturbolover

UNO POWER!
I am sad to say, my uno has passed away aged 12. Mulan (her name) was driving along a road when a carless young taxi drove straight into her. She had a good life.

On a more serious note: I was about to pull out of a junction when a speeding taxi slammed into the front of my uno (I was not moving.) The damage pretty much means the end of the car. The front right wing came away, the bumper was hanging off, the radiator is damaged, the bonnet is now situated near the windscreen. I did manage to get the car onto a nearby drive, but the brakes would not work properly, the steering was gone and the bonnet was distorting my view of the road.

The most annoying thing is, I had just put petrol in her!

I would Ideally like to get a Uno Turbo Mk2, but my wallet does not allow that. So I have gone for a more economical Renault Clio 1.9 Diesel, which I got very cheap!

What sort of performance can I expect out of a 1.9 diesel engine?

Stay safe over christmas, dont drink and drive!

fiatunoturbolover said:
I am sad to say, my uno has passed away aged 12. Mulan (her name) was driving along a road when a carless young taxi drove straight into her. She had a good life.

On a more serious note: I was about to pull out of a junction when a speeding taxi slammed into the front of my uno (I was not moving.) The damage pretty much means the end of the car. The front right wing came away, the bumper was hanging off, the radiator is damaged, the bonnet is now situated near the windscreen. I did manage to get the car onto a nearby drive, but the brakes would not work properly, the steering was gone and the bonnet was distorting my view of the road.

The most annoying thing is, I had just put petrol in her!

That is annoying - though with damage that severe, you have to be thankful that you got out with not a scratch?

I would Ideally like to get a Uno Turbo Mk2, but my wallet does not allow that. So I have gone for a more economical Renault Clio 1.9 Diesel, which I got very cheap!

Well... maybe you should stay on the lookout for an Uno Turbo, as even if you really want one, it rarely happens by accident (y) Of course, the Renault sounds like a good choice in the meantime.

What sort of performance can I expect out of a 1.9 diesel engine?

Hmmm... not enough :)
seriously, if not turbocharged probably only 1.3-1.4-petrol levels of performance. If turbocharged, probably the equal of a good 1.6 petrol. These are just my opinions. You have to work out how to drive it too! Some diesels give excellent torque that makes driving easier and almost foolproof. Other diesels (an old Mitsubishi 1.8 diesel springs to mind) manage to give the worst of both worlds: the lack of torque of a petrol with the lack of revs (and lack of power) of a diesel... :eek: so let us know how it goes?

Stay safe over christmas, dont drink and drive!

Good advice! In fact, reducing travelling to a minimum is probably the safest with more people on the road than any other time of the year?

-Alex

That is annoying - though with damage that severe, you have to be thankful that you got out with not a scratch?

• Yes, indeed. There were two other people in the car, and thankfully they too were wearing their seatbelt at the time.

Well... maybe you should stay on the lookout for an Uno Turbo, as even if you really want one, it rarely happens by accident (y) Of course, the Renault sounds like a good choice in the meantime.

• An uno turbo would be my ideal car (apart from an aston martin vanquish lol) but i am not going to get one until I find a half decent one.

Hmmm... not enough :)
seriously, if not turbocharged probably only 1.3-1.4-petrol levels of performance. If turbocharged, probably the equal of a good 1.6 petrol. These are just my opinions. You have to work out how to drive it too! Some diesels give excellent torque that makes driving easier and almost foolproof. Other diesels (an old Mitsubishi 1.8 diesel springs to mind) manage to give the worst of both worlds: the lack of torque of a petrol with the lack of revs (and lack of power) of a diesel... :eek: so let us know how it goes?

• Ah well, 1.3 - 1.4 petrol levels of performance sound better than my uno's 998cc performance! :D

Good advice! In fact, reducing travelling to a minimum is probably the safest with more people on the road than any other time of the year?

• Good advice, the roads are extremely busy this time of year. Especially around towns and citys.

Last edited:
Back