good.....

Currently reading:
good.....

I agree with the ban on feeding them. It will reduce numbers naturally and as above, they are vermin who make a mess. Would the protesters rather they were shot, poisoned or similar to reduce numbers?

thepottleflump

Shut Up, Fool!
Pigeons are bloody vermin when you can't walk freely for them flying in your face and covering the pavements and seats with excrement! No sympathy for the starving pigeons, far too many of them and trafalgar sq. was just stupid before the ban, still isn't great now.

OP
OP
Jai
sammi, those are nice country pidgeons, dare i say ooooarrrrr, down here in the big smoke, they are nasty, tattered, dirty flea ridden manky feathered rats....if they could they'd carry a flick knife and gob on your shoes, they would

sammi, those are nice country pidgeons, dare i say ooooarrrrr, down here in the big smoke, they are nasty, tattered, dirty flea ridden manky feathered rats....if they could they'd carry a flick knife and gob on your shoes, they would

Pigeons from manchester arent "nice country pigeons"

I am basing this on what I know and 10 years of working with them and making them better.... Its not second hand blind knowlegde.

If you have anything in mass they will call it vermin.

I dont condone feeding them, but I dont agree with some statements.

People are the biggest vermin anyway.

Pigeons from manchester arent "nice country pigeons"

I am basing this on what I know and 10 years of working with them and making them better.... Its not second hand blind knowlegde.

If you have anything in mass they will call it vermin.

I dont condone feeding them, but I dont agree with some statements.

People are the biggest vermin anyway.

Yes but you can punch a person who annoys you in the face and get away with it but shoot a pigeon and all hell breaks loose.

I don't like pigeons. Back in the day they were scared of humans, now they seem to think they have the right to share the pavement and stand in the road and not move when people or traffic approach.

If they all became extinct tomorrow I don't think I would miss them.... unless the spider population grew then I would be upset but there are more spiders and bugs anyway so they aren't doing their damn pigeon eating jobs properly!

Kill em alll!!!!!

jug

blessed are the apostates
in nature a certain area will be able to support a certain size population. that balance is natural and ensures a healthly sustainable population. when humans start feeding it allows overpopulation of that area, leading to poor health among the entire population. it is better for the population to have 100 heathly birds that feed independantly rather than 500 birds that are living in filth, susceptible to spreading disease and completely dependant on human handouts.

as usual, groups like the Pigeon Action Group do not consider the long term welfare of the population because they are ignorant to the facts or blinded by the propaganda from a handful or hippy ringleaders. that is why councils make decisions, not activists.