"Good night"

Currently reading:
"Good night"

One for your collective thought..

When walking home at night and you come across a group doing like wise, Is it customary to give a polite "Good night all" as you pass where you live?

me and my old man have been doing it for years and normally get a response back. takes away any aggression and puts any older people at ease and usually get a good night back....

well till about 15 mins ago walking home after a few beers came across a group of slappers near the local supermarket with random blokes in tow wished them good night and had one mouthy gob sh1i@ slapper come out with

"f##k off you dont even know me you perverted pr1k!"

Charming :rolleyes:

perhaps the response "well thats not what your mother said last night" went a little too far but for Christ sake a bit of civility surely doesn't go amiss does it????

The world is just full of single brain cell'd muppets. I guess you can tend to judge the kind of reaction you'll get off the peoples appareance though. If they were slappers or scroats I'd just walk on by and say nothing. It's a shame really, people like that ruin it for everyone else...manners cost nothing at the end of the day!
How that makes you a perverted whatever I don't know.

The unfortunate signs of a changing 21st century.

I always say hello or good morning to anyone I walk past in my village when out walking.

yep thats what i try to do

you should have seen the lases face though once the mum gag came out

"well thats not what your mother said last night"

was along the lines of "error doesn't compute"

followed by silence

yep thats what i try to do

you should have seen the lases face though once the mum gag came out

"well thats not what your mother said last night"

was along the lines of "error doesn't compute"

followed by silence

OMG you actually said that :eek: I thought you just thought it :p

I only have the nurve to do that when I'm in the car and can drive off.

How old would you have said the yobs were then?

OMG you actually said that :eek: I thought you just thought it :p

I only have the nurve to do that when I'm in the car and can drive off.

How old would you have said the yobs were then?

15-16

i run by the motto of only say it if you'd say it to their face :D

and after a few beers anything goes :devil:

I say hello to people locally but if it's late at night and I don't know them I put my collar up, say nothing and walk on past.

I was walking to go for a paper this afternoon and this woman says hello to me, I turn round and say hi, then I realise I have no idea who she is :eek:

barneys polite :D

51K39KY62BL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

Back