General Good news and not so good

Currently reading:
General Good news and not so good

Professorwho

Had a bit of a mixed day with the barchetta today.
Good news, she passed her MOT
Bad news, I am currently sitting by the side of the road having broken down! Battery completely dead- newly installed today :(

It's not fun when you're left sitting at the side of the road. The alternator couldn't be in a worst place. Hope you get it fixed without too much drama, spring is coming, a great time to enjoy the B. (y)

Hi,
Sorry to hear new alternator required, get the garage to give you a fixed price for changing. FIAT in France gave me the best price out here and although the fixed time rate was 2 hours it was 3.5 in the end as the exhaust downpipe bolt sheared and the had to drill it out. No extra charge for that.

must be the year for it - my B went for its MOT last week, failed on some welding / shockers / gaitors, no major drama. but! it broke down on the mechanic being delivered back, faulty alternator as battery was new for 2017.
all in, was charged £450 for alternator, shockers, welding, MOT, service, fitting of 4 tyres.
had no idea the alternator was inaccessible so pleased with all the above. and got roof down yesterday (y)

lol no it's not.. it's terrible price (n)
but than again you are in Rip-off UK so no wonders there..

Nice that you got your roof down, my B is still sleeping in garage for some 1 more month.

Back