Good courier companies.

Currently reading:
Good courier companies.

Well, I have bought something pretty big. And need it couriering from somewhere in Scotland all the way down to me in the midlands.

So I'm just asking for some guidance on what company to use.

Mainstream couriers seem to charge the most (UPS / DHL / FedEx) but I'm not bothered about the quality of the service just simply want something from one place to another. So naturally I want the cheapest quote.

What I have bought has a combined weight of roughly 60KG and is pretty big so can't really be boxed. The seller says he thinks strapping the items to a pallet would be the best option.

Just looking for some help and guidance and also personal experiences.

Parcelforce and City Link are who I would suggest mate. I wouldnt touch yodel I had some real problems with them.

Is this something for your GP mate? :)

Regards
Stephen

Parcelforce and City Link are who I would suggest mate. I wouldnt touch yodel I had some real problems with them.

Is this something for your GP mate? :)

Regards
Stephen

Thanks for the info bud, will grab some quotes in the morning :)

And yeah, it's something for the Benmobile :yum: CAN'T WAIT!!!

Is this going to be a surprise mate or can you clue me in on what it is?

You will see in the coming week or so mate haha :) be patient ;)

were abouts in scotland is it? and how big? if it would fit in my 306 i could pick it up for you

It's in Aberdeen mate but no point in you picking it up. Still not helping getting it to me haha! Unless you fancy a 7 hour drive for £50 quid?

You could try www.interparcel.com
They are an on-line agency that uses all the big courier companies, but are usually cheaper than booking direct. I use them all the time. Not sure if they will suit the size of what you have in mind. If it is really big maybe a pallet booking is best?

[QUOTE It's in Aberdeen mate but no point in you picking it up. Still not helping getting it to me haha! Unless you fancy a 7 hour drive for £50 quid?[/QUOTE]

LOL thats £7.14 per hour then your fuel on top :D

I know you have already booked a courier but for future reference I use Parcel2go and they have quotes on there if its any use to anyone, just used it myself tonight and used Yodel and they arrive every time I book with them and it always get delivered on time according to the recipients of the parcels
I even sent a pallet with 2 seats on for less than a tenner the other week with yodel and he didn't bat an eyelid :p

if it cant be boxed and at that weight,you really are looking at a pallet service

If it has to be on a pallet, then try pallet force on Parcel2Go.com. They do Next day and 48 hour delivery service. Good luck. :slayer:

Back