General Gone and got myself a jtd

Currently reading:
General Gone and got myself a jtd

reido2

Hi guys

No doubt you will remember my tales of woe with the write off of my stilo 1.6, Anyway I appear to have caught the stilo bug and bought another one, its quite infectious you know.

Its a 54 plate 3dr JTD Dynamic Chrome Grey, and last night I had it remapped by Paul from angel tuning in Glasgow, really nice bloke too. I've only really had the test run after it was mapped to try it out but first impressions are emm faaaassst. :D

A few wee things that are dissapointing though: its a dynamic model but doesn't have asr etc. Loss of ashtray, now have a cup :confused: . Armrest seems a bit pointless as it makes it hard to change gears etc (maybe best to use for simple motorway cruising I suppose).

Overall though, really pleased and can't wait to surprise some golfs from a standing start. :p

The armrest is perfect in the high position for motorway cruisin but a pain in the butt anywjere else.
It also causes hassle when folding the back seats if you've pushed it vertical.

Still at least it's free.
It'd be a £150 option on a Golf or BMW ;)

You can also have fun with BMWs on the motorway.
Most of the 3 Series you'll find tucked up your back bumper are 318s and if you're held up in traffic they get mighty impatient.
As soon as the traffic clears ahead hesitate slightly (just to get them wound up a bit) then floor it in 5th and watch them disappear backwards in a cloud of smoke.
Always a source of amusement :D

Note that it doesn't work so well on other TDs.

Nice one (y)

Plus a remap as well, ooooh yes :D

The loss of ashtray was mentioned recently, another FIAT initiative ;)

Also, I love the Armrest BUT then again maybe it is different for selespeed owners i.e. a different driving style.

wolfracepunto said:
Good man! Did they take it to 155bhp?

I think you'll find it does :p

I think he means it's only possible to leave behind petrols with all that torque, other TDs just do the same.

yeah its up to 155bhp, I don't smoke either but like to keep coins etc there, and I can't put my cup there as it uses the space. (don't fancy drinkin out of an ashtray !)

Im off to newcastle this weekend (without the car). Can't wait to get back to try out my new found toy.

reido2 said:
Its a 54 plate 3dr JTD Dynamic Chrome Grey, and last night I had it remapped by Paul from angel tuning in Glasgow, really nice bloke too. I've only really had the test run after it was mapped to try it out but first impressions are emm faaaassst. :D

:worship:

reido2 said:
Hi guys

No doubt you will remember my tales of woe with the write off of my stilo 1.6, Anyway I appear to have caught the stilo bug and bought another one, its quite infectious you know.

A few wee things that are dissapointing though: its a dynamic model but doesn't have asr etc. Loss of ashtray, now have a cup :confused: . Armrest seems a bit pointless as it makes it hard to change gears etc (maybe best to use for simple motorway cruising I suppose).

Overall though, really pleased and can't wait to surprise some golfs from a standing start. :p

nice to know of another memeber with a chrome grey jtd with remap :)

joecinq said:
Dumbasses, eh david? :D
Yes we are
drunk.gif
:D

Imola yellow 54 jtd here WITHOUT a remap, saving up, i have the armrest in position all the time, i love it. Also dont smoke so I also love the little dustbin. Also you can get a can and the dustbin in the centre no problem, I keep my bluetooth head set in it. I also have another in the door pocket on the wifes side for her rubbish. How is the remap????

Back